Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best time of year for hte Grants/registration staff to take annual leave?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone who rings GMIT Castlebar this week looking for a letter, either as supporting documentation for their SUSI grant, or as required for the BTEA, will find that the only staff member dealing with grants/registration is on annual leave until the 2nd September... nice.

So, just to recap, if you applied for a SUSI grant for a course anywhere in the country and once attended GMIT, or if you're a GMIT student progressing from Level 7 to 8, and you need a letter to confirm the fact for your SUSI grant application, you just have to wait. Or, if like many GMIT mature students, you're on the BTEA allowance, you'll now be getting grief from your local Dole office.

Surely there must be a more efficient and streamlined way for people to contact GMIT and get the letters they need when they need them... bearing in mind that this week would have seen thousands of replies from SUSI to applicants telling them exactly what documents they need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buster10

I've been in touch with the Registration Office in the Galway Campus, and someone there has very kindly arranged to do the letter for me. Anyone else in the same situation should consider phoning the Galway Campus Registration Office, 091-742084/742220,

I'm sure they won't exactly be delighted to be dealing with the Castlebar campus's work, but if this is the only way to ensure a proper service for Castlebar students, so be it...

Advertisement