Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broforce (Indie Game)

Options
  • 23-08-2013 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I seen rev3games play a bunch of indie games in one of their videos on youtube , one of them happened to be a game called Broforce which is what the expendables should be.

its reminisce is very much like Terraria , There are destructible environments aswell as some of the best action movie characters ranging from rambo to walker texas ranger.

The game has just been greenlight on steam but you can play a alpha build here

http://www.freelives.net/BROFORCE/BROFORCE_WEB.html

Cannot wait for the full game :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can't deal with Simon from Yogscast, he plays the simpleton (which annoys me) and combined with the most annoying voice and laugh on the planet, I just wish terrible things upon him whenever I hear him and that's not cool, I don't mean to hate.

I will seek out a different video, but it looks kinda interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

its a blast to play, day 1 purchase from me when it comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That game looks like gas craic, but good lord that guy in the pink shirt is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

deathrider wrote: »
    but good lord that guy in the pink shirt is annoying.
    +100,had to turn the sound off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

returnNull wrote: »
    +100,had to turn the sound off!

I'd say I'd gotten about three minutes into it when I'd just had enough.

• Advertisement

• Bumping this thread because it seems to be hitting some popularity, came across it on youtube;

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/60039131/broforce-brings-80s-action-movies-to-life

There has been an April 2014 update brought to Steam also, might look to buy it. Has anybody played it recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had to pick it up on Steam. I try to avoid early access after getting burned with one or two turkeys, but... Look at it! How could this NOT be a f*cking sh*ttonne of awesomeness!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Shiminay wrote: »
    I can't deal with Simon from Yogscast, he plays the simpleton (which annoys me) and combined with the most annoying voice and laugh on the planet, I just wish terrible things upon him whenever I hear him and that's not cool, I don't mean to hate.

I will seek out a different video, but it looks kinda interesting :)
    I have never watched the yogcast before now, but the first thing I noticed was how annoying that laugh is. He does come across as an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like a good game, but I could only watch that Angry Joe video for 4 minutes. Jesus Christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Way too many videos of this game with complete fùcking morons shouting over it, like hyperactive children that make me cringe to be a gamer.

Video without any voices from someone who sounds like they were hit in the head with frying pan.

Looks good though, will probably pick it up down the line.

• Advertisement

• Man it is quite annoying I just watched the first few mins but didn't let it play, 10 mins in I knocked it off.
    Better of referring to duggys video. I will edit my OP to allow posters to keep there sanity :P

Looking to pick this up at the weekend, looks very addictive, you can use x360 controller too which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Way too many videos of this game with complete fùcking morons shouting over it, like hyperactive children that make me cringe to be a gamer.

Video without any voices from someone who sounds like they were hit in the head with frying pan.

Looks good though, will probably pick it up down the line.

Ive given up on gameplay videos at this stage, too many unfunny voiceovers by morons who sound like they'd laugh with a mouthful of food at their own farts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I saw the Steam Train playthrough of it. It looks alright, I'd probably grab it for a few Euro but it's still in alpha and it looks like it has some difficulty curve problems. Having local two player is nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm going to have to drag my pc down to the television and invite some people around, multiplayer looks crazy fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

It's very good. Bought it WAY back. Played the betas. Very fun game in small doses.

• Thought this deserves a bump as It has been fully released.
    Great COOP / SP game
    Been totally hooked since I picked it up

Great piece on RPS below

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/21/broforce-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29

Advertisement