Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks Adrenalin GTS 13 versus Nike Pegasus 29

Options
  • 23-08-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I won a pair of runners a few weeks ago and only got them today; they are Brooks Adrenalin GTS 13. Doing a bit of research on them, it would seem they are a more structured shoe than I am used to (currently on my 4th pair of Nike Pegasus 28/29) It’s about a year since I got my gait analysed and at the time I was told that I had a very slight over pronation but not really obvious enough to warrant a structured shoe.

I am just wondering if I will notice much difference between the Pegasus and Adrenalin and if it’s a bad idea to move to a structured shoe when I am used to a neautral?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

ncmc wrote: »
    I won a pair of runners a few weeks ago and only got them today; they are Brooks Adrenalin GTS 13. Doing a bit of research on them, it would seem they are a more structured shoe than I am used to (currently on my 4th pair of Nike Pegasus 28/29) It’s about a year since I got my gait analysed and at the time I was told that I had a very slight over pronation but not really obvious enough to warrant a structured shoe.

I am just wondering if I will notice much difference between the Pegasus and Adrenalin and if it’s a bad idea to move to a structured shoe when I am used to a neautral?

Bit of a difference alright! I changed a couple of years ago from the Pegasus 27 to the Adrenaline 11. I was told to after an analysis that I needed to and my knee problems were gone! The Adrenaline wouldn't be as soft as the Pegasus either. I'm don't know if going from neutral to structured when you've been told that you don't need them will do harm. I've found them to be a great shoe though. I'm just about gone through a pair of Adrenaline 12s. Nice prize to win! Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Im a neutral runner but run in Lunarglides which are stability shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

I've just semi-retired my Adrenaline GTS 12.

They were a great shoe. I overpronate a good bit and I found they worked very well for my long training runs. The one thing I disliked about them is that you don't feel that much of the road. Before the GTS 12 I was running in Ravenna 2 and have now gone for the Ravenna 4. The Ravenna is still a support shoe but doesn't have as much cushoning.

I'd keep the Adrenaline for long training runs, not road races. If they don't work that well for you at least you have something comfy to walk around town in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

seanmacc wrote: »
    I've just semi-retired my Adrenaline GTS 12.

They were a great shoe. I overpronate a good bit and I found they worked very well for my long training runs. The one thing I disliked about them is that you don't feel that much of the road. Before the GTS 12 I was running in Ravenna 2 and have now gone for the Ravenna 4. The Ravenna is still a support shoe but doesn't have as much cushoning.

I'd keep the Adrenaline for long training runs, not road races. If they don't work that well for you at least you have something comfy to walk around town in.

Be interested to see how you get on with the Ravennas smac! I need new shoes and am wondering about them over the Adrenalines. I had the Ravenna 2 as well. I liked the lightness but felt that the support was a good bit less than the Adrenalines. Also the rubber in the sole wore very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Be interested to see how you get on with the Ravennas smac! I need new shoes and am wondering about them over the Adrenalines. I had the Ravenna 2 as well. I liked the lightness but felt that the support was a good bit less than the Adrenalines. Also the rubber in the sole wore very quickly.

The Ravenna 4 has a slightly chunkier and hopefully more durable sole compared to the 2 other than that there is very little difference. I find them better than the adrenaline because they're lighter and more flexible but in saying that if i was to run a marathon I'd go for the Adrenaline. I run 8-15km 4-5 times a week so far I'm finding the Ravenna 4 as the best shoe i've run in to date but if i increased my distances my feet would probably cry out for the extra support. In saying that a couple of the saucony shoes have me tempted as future replacements

• Advertisement
Advertisement