Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing learner permit

• 23-08-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Quick one for you lads. I want to exchange my restricted learner permit for the unrestricted A learner permit. I thought I was going from a restricted A1 learner permit to a unrestricted A learner permit but my license seems to state im on a A restricted license anyway?

Can anyone confirm from the attached pic what my current license is ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

restricted A alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

No it not a ressticted A OP. That's the old 'A' LP, if you take your test with that licence you'll only get the full A2.

If you're over 24 apply for the new 'A' LP, take IBT and your ready for the road & test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks lads. New A license it is so.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorry, yea old LP restricted A - new A2/IBT stuff came in after I've been through it, so am not up on it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Right Lookbehindyou Joe he will sort you out and put you on the right track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

not sure if i will help or confuse here, just 15 mins ago had a call from the licensing people.
    wanted to change my old style LP to the new unrestriced A, and over 24 (by quite a bit......)
    could not find my LP, was certain of where i kept it, but when i went looking for it, no where to be seen.
    so though grand, apply for a replacement, and tick the unrestricted A.
    phone call there asking was it just the LP that i had lost, or also my full car one. said only the LP, and that i was changing class as well. she said that was not possible as i was applying for a replacement, but that was old LP was an A LP. and this one would also be an A LP. so think it has worked as expected? wont really know until i get it in the post. which will be this week i assume.

lostboy75 wrote: »
    not sure if i will help or confuse here, just 15 mins ago had a call from the licensing people.
    wanted to change my old style LP to the new unrestriced A, and over 24 (by quite a bit......)
    could not find my LP, was certain of where i kept it, but when i went looking for it, no where to be seen.
    so though grand, apply for a replacement, and tick the unrestricted A.
    phone call there asking was it just the LP that i had lost, or also my full car one. said only the LP, and that i was changing class as well. she said that was not possible as i was applying for a replacement, but that was old LP was an A LP. and this one would also be an A LP. so think it has worked as expected? wont really know until i get it in the post. which will be this week i assume.

Hello Lostboy. I dont really understand what you are trying to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Faith+1 wrote: »
    No it not a ressticted A OP. That's the old 'A' LP, if you take your test with that licence you'll only get the full A2.

If you're over 24 apply for the new 'A' LP, take IBT and your ready for the road & test.

+1

Sorted lads. Im popping to the motor tax place tomorrow. Lady on the phone said I didnt need a Garda stamp on the form again:rolleyes: but whats the bets I get there and someone looks for it:mad:

Advertisement