Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing club

Options
  • 23-08-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the Fencing club is open to 17yr old 2nd level students and if so will it still run on Tuesday evenings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

No club or society is allowed to have members under the age of 18. The only exception to this is if they are in 3rd level I believe.

Edit: Just found it in the constitution:

3.1.2 Associate Members
    a) A member of the public who is aged eighteen years or over is eligible to be an
    Associate Member of the Society/Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Thanks Ginge Young, this was the info I was looking for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aineb100

Just to let you know, an Associate Member is a special type of membership. It basically means that you can do everything a normal member does except you can't run for committee positions. That's what it is for societies anyway and under the general constitution as far as I know, fencing could do something else.

Advertisement