Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Aquarium Advice

Options
  • 23-08-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm looking to get an aquarium and cant find a good tank anywhere within my budget, that is also in Ireland. I was hoping someone could recommend a particular brand and the measurements that costs around 150 euro. I do not want a particularly small tank as I want to put a good few fish in this :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Not sure what you consider plenty of fish or a small tank but I have a Juwel Rekord 800 Aquarium 110 litre aquarium and that cost me about €180. The measurements are 81 (length) X 36 (width) X 45 (height) in size.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have a look on adverts, there should be a few available second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hi,

I'm looking to get an aquarium and cant find a good tank anywhere within my budget, that is also in Ireland. I was hoping someone could recommend a particular brand and the measurements that costs around 150 euro. I do not want a particularly small tank as I want to put a good few fish in this :)

Look in classifieds. I got my tank second hand, 3 feet long for only 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jackalackin

Ok thanks all of you ill try the sites out and COYW' could you say where you got the tank ? as that is around the size of tank im looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Ok thanks all of you ill try the sites out and COYW' could you say where you got the tank ? as that is around the size of tank im looking for

Seahorse aquariums in Ballymount, Dublin 22. Great variety of fish there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hi,

When you say a good few fish, how many do you mean?

A general rule of thumb, is to stock with 1 inch of fish (excluding tail) per gallon of tank water. If you go above this, then you have behavioural problems and water problems due to overcrowding (this is a rule of thumb, not the word of the gods).

If you can stretch to €250, then give this guy a go.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/fish-for-sale/fish-tank-aquarium-200l/5282019

Got one of my tanks off him. Very happy with it.

Advertisement