Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

• 23-08-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving to Limerick from Cork at the end of September for work. I don't know the city at all so just looking for a few pointers. I'll be working in the Charlotte Quay area and was hoping to live within walking distance of work as there are no parking facilities. I'm a 22 year old woman moving there alone so the safety of the area I'll be living in is high in the priority list.

Do people have any opinions on 'The Haymarket' or 'Fernhill' on the North Circular Road?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

moleary20 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm moving to Limerick from Cork at the end of September for work. I don't know the city at all so just looking for a few pointers. I'll be working in the Charlotte Quay area and was hoping to live within walking distance of work as there are no parking facilities. I'm a 22 year old woman moving there alone so the safety of the area I'll be living in is high in the priority list.

Do people have any opinions on 'The Haymarket' or 'Fernhill' on the North Circular Road?

Thanks.

How about a penthouse Apartment, Charlotte Quay - 1 Year Lease - €600pm?

http://www.daft.ie/21373422

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

That would be ideal but I'm going it alone for the moment so will probably have to bunk in on a houseshare for now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Of the two you mentioned Fernhill would very slighly further away (but not enough to make it an issue).
    Fernhill would be a definite preference of the two.
    I see you seem to be looking at places with free parking. Have a search for 'Loughmills'....very near to charlotte's Quay, especially if walking, and also has outdoor parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Of the two you mentioned Fernhill would very slighly further away (but not enough to make it an issue).
    Fernhill would be a definite preference of the two.
    I see you seem to be looking at places with free parking. Have a search for 'Loughmills'....very near to charlotte's Quay, especially if walking, and also has outdoor parking.

Yeah parking is also a priority, will have to have my car in case I need to travel for work. Thanks very much for that!

Advertisement