Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unlocking

Options
  • 23-08-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi folks, anyone know the best place around Swords to get an I phone unlocked to any network and how much its likely to cost?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Carphone warehouse can sort you I think, not sure how much they would charge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What model is it, that would make the difference on price.

Might find apple forum a help: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

What phone is it? Maybe able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Waiting to get it off a sister of mine but its an iphone 4. its on Vodafone at the min. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Waiting to get it off a sister of mine but its an iphone 4. its on Vodafone at the min. Ta.

Vodafone may give you the unlock code. You can get your sister to request it from them here:> http://onlineforms.vodafone.ie/nac/

Terms are on the site, paid up to date etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

There's a fella on adverts from whitehall called irepairdublin
    I've used him in the past he's cheap and fast

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, anyone know the best place around Swords to get an I phone unlocked to any network and how much its likely to cost?

Cheers

There are two places in the Pavillons. The phone accessories shop beside Currys (80 euro ) and the other phone accessories beside side enterence to Easons (70). There is a place on Main Street beside Dillons hairdresser but not sure of cost. They are prices as of two weeks ago for iPhone 4 unlock from vodaphone. Same situation for me that I was getting phone from family member. In the end got them to request unlock code ( do it online with vodaphone) which takes around 8 days to get. Them just plug into iTunes to unlock and you can then put Sim from other provider

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My daughter brought my phone to the one in Swords main street and it only cost €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jocefella

Hey guys , sorry this is my first time on boards.Does anybody know any good phone unlocking shops in the Blanch area?and how much do you think it would cost me to get the phone unlocked?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

jocefella wrote: »
    Hey guys , sorry this is my first time on boards.Does anybody know any good phone unlocking shops in the Blanch area?and how much do you think it would cost me to get the phone unlocked?

You need to ask in the Dublin 15 forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=993

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I bought mine and was told it was sim free i ended up ringin 02 or whoever it was and just asked for the unlock code .i gave my friends ph number and said it was their old phone .they confirmed. .no problems .its unlocked ?
    As long as the phones not robbed it anything and its paid for as in the contract has ended then it should be ok for them to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

sNarah wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse can sort you I think, not sure how much they would charge though.

Just to highlight something, Cpw do not unlock phones, it's the network operators that provides this service.

Vodafone and o2 have options on their website to request a unlock code, Meteor have a webchat support and it's best to contact 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

Your network provider can give you this free of charge.
    I had to wait a while for mine from Apple when I changed from 02 to 3.

Just ask them rather than pay someone 15 quid !

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Yeh my sister got the code off Vodafone so happy days, cheers everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Looking to get an Iphone 5 unlocked in the area. Where is the best and roughly how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Jailbreak or just unlock to any network? If you're just looking to get it unlocked jump onto ebay. Easiest way, and it's super easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Unlock from Vodafone to any network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Grand, as i said above, ebays the handiest.

threads merged.

@ sparky84, if you don't get sorted with ebay there are suggestions in the thread I've merged yours with.

Advertisement