Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V on Amazon £34.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Thanks for that just saved myself ~€20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

SystemsGuy wrote: »
    Works out between €41/€42 when you convert and add card surcharges. Much cheaper than buying from Rip Off Republic.

In fairness to the Irish retailers they are probably being charged more than this from their suppliers. Amazon have MASSIVE purchasing power so charging a few pence more than they buy the product from the supplier for can turnover a serious profit for them. Gamestop or Smyths wouldnt have the same sort of abilities.

So its not fair to brand them a rip off in this instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Guessing it wouldn't arrive in the post on the launch date?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SystemsGuy

If you get it delivered to the North using Parcel Motel it would deliver for free on release day but would take a day to get down to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Guessing it wouldn't arrive in the post on the launch date?

No chance

• Advertisement

And from my experience with parcel motel, if they get it in the evening time it will be in the locker the next morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Hogzy wrote: »
    In fairness to the Irish retailers they are probably being charged more than this from their suppliers. Amazon have MASSIVE purchasing power so charging a few pence more than they buy the product from the supplier for can turnover a serious profit for them. Gamestop or Smyths wouldnt have the same sort of abilities.

So its not fair to brand them a rip off in this instance.

They definitely are - well over €50 to buy in at moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They definitely are - well over €50 to buy in at moment.

Point.

You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

^^^^^^^^

I think you missed mine actually but perhaps it's best to agree to disagree on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

Thanks OP, picked me up a copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

How long after the 17th would this be expected to arrive?

If you pre order it now, it should to Ireland from the UK anything between 2 and 5 days, depending on which delivery method you choose on Amazon and of course depending on stock levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

Still cheaper than xtra vision than, preorder a tenner and them saying the actual game will be seventy on top of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

If you get it delivered to the North using Parcel Motel it would deliver for free on release day but would take a day to get down to you.
    What's the advantage of using Parcel Motel instead of getting it delivered directly?

Phoebas wrote: »
    What's the advantage of using Parcel Motel instead of getting it delivered directly?

Amazon super saver delivery is SUPER slow to Ireland. Where as if you order to a UK address its guaranteed to be there on release day. So just add one more day for Parcel Motel to deliver it to you.

Amazon super saver delivery is SUPER slow to Ireland. Where as if you order to a UK address its guaranteed to be there on release day. So just add one more day for Parcel Motel to deliver it to you.

It's free for a reason, it's not priority mail. What more do you expect?

It's free for a reason, it's not priority mail. What more do you expect?

WTF? The guy above me asked what the advantage is of using parcel motel. I am explaining the advantage. Maybe if you had bothered to read that you would have seen that I am not criticising Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Never takes more than two or three working days from date of dispatch for me.

Surprisingly quick, considering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

I ordered Tomb Raider from Amazon for a "release day" delivery and it came 3 1/2 weeks after... that was to Dublin (and I was charged for the delivery).

I've also read numerous threads on amazon itself of the same thing for other games.

That said I pre-ordered with Amazon as I'm not a release day must have it person and it's much cheaper than anywhere else will be.

I'm not expecting it for a few weeks though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Any Collectors editions going for 100 or less?

Regret preordering it at €140, but only €20 deposit so not too bad.

• Advertisement

Reati wrote: »
    I ordered Tomb Raider from Amazon for a "release day" delivery and it came 3 1/2 weeks after... that was to Dublin (and I was charged for the delivery).

I've also read numerous threads on amazon itself of the same thing for other games.

That said I pre-ordered with Amazon as I'm not a release day must have it person and it's much cheaper than anywhere else will be.

I'm not expecting it for a few weeks though....
    No way it should have taken that long. You could have at least asked to have the delivery charges reimbursed to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

How would I go about getting parcel motel to deliver to me? On their site they only seem to mention picking it up?

I'm pretty hungover though so it's highly likely I'm missing something :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

How would I go about getting parcel motel to deliver to me? On their site they only seem to mention picking it up?

I'm pretty hungover though so it's highly likely I'm missing something :o

Parcel motel don't deliver to you. You get it dropped to a motel near you and you have to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Parcel motel don't deliver to you. You get it dropped to a motel near you and you have to collect it.
    Ah grand I understand it now, didn't realise there were so many locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Might be worth waiting to see what tesco are selling it for. With big games like this you would probably get it for 45euro sometimes with promotionally items. Some supervalues might have it cheap like black ops 2. They were selling it for 39.99 iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

true but at least the amazon order is in and can be cancelled if there is no cheap price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

balfe1990 wrote: »
    No way it should have taken that long. You could have at least asked to have the delivery charges reimbursed to you.

I know it shouldn't but I contacted them, complained and was told that it happens and it'll turn up just give it another week or two. If not then I'd get refunded.

TBH anything I've ordered from Amazon that goes through An Post comes way after the eta delivery dates...

I only mention it as an heads up to those looking forward to a release day / day after game that it's normally not the experience I've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I have ordered movies from amazon before release and they always delivered on release day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When you get your dispatch email from Amazon it will either say shipped via An Post or via Royal Mail. If it says An Post you should get it within 2-3 days, but if it says Royal Mail you'll be waiting a good deal longer - up to 10 days or longer in some cases. I'm not sure why this is but it only started recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've no interest in the game but the artwork is beautiful: http://www.rockstargames.com/V/downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Tesco normally stock the big releases for under 50 quid. Anyone know if this is the plan with this game? Thats what i'm holding out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Has anyone bought a game from Amazon recently (besides the tomb raider example) and how long did it take to get here?

I'll be on holidays that week but would really like to have it when I get back on the Saturday. If Amazon dispatch it on the 16th I wonder would it be delivered by Friday?

Might go for the Parcel Motel option but then if it's delivered too soon I'll have to pay 3.50 for every 2 nights I'm late picking it up.

rickyjb wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a game from Amazon recently (besides the tomb raider example) and how long did it take to get here?

I'll be on holidays that week but would really like to have it when I get back on the Saturday. If Amazon dispatch it on the 16th I wonder would it be delivered by Friday?

Might go for the Parcel Motel option but then if it's delivered too soon I'll have to pay 3.50 for every 2 nights I'm late picking it up.
    Yeah, as far as my experience with Amazon goes, I've never had to wait more than three days even with Super Saver Delivery.

So, if it got dispatched on the 16th, more often than not, I'd have it by Wednesday. Definitely on Thursday. I suppose it may also depend on where you live.

I think the last game I bought was Halo 4 back in November and it arrived either one or two days after it's offical launch date. So, it took two working days exclusive of dispatch date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Yeah, as far as my experience with Amazon goes, I've never had to wait more than three days even with Super Saver Delivery.

So, if it got dispatched on the 16th, more often than not, I'd have it by Wednesday. Definitely on Thursday. I suppose it may also depend on where you live.

I think the last game I bought was Halo 4 back in November and it arrived either one or two days after it's offical launch date. So, it took two working days exclusive of dispatch date.

Thanks. Based on that I may as well just go with standard delivery and hope it arrives by Friday. And hope that it fits in the letterbox and doesn't end up at the depot:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

rickyjb wrote: »

As I said in my previous post, it depends how Amazon ships it. It could arrive in 2-3 days or it could take 10. There's no way of knowing until it's dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

The Hut has it for £39.99, but i regularly get 10-15% discount emails bringing it to £33.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

So amazon is 20 euro cheaper than gamestop xtravision etc ?

brijay wrote: »
    So amazon is 20 euro cheaper than gamestop xtravision etc ?

Pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuchGold

First class delivery is free if you ship it to a UK address. Using parcel motel so only 3.50 extra for shipping for release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

I`m not sure about games, but over the last month or so I have been ordering books for college.

They have started using a different service than an post, I-Parcel. It was taking well over a week to get my book(s). (An yes I ordered directly from Amazon not a third party).

Whereas if I get it delivered to the parcel motel, I could order it on a Friday afternoon, and it would be delivered to the motel by Saturday evening (this was choosing free one day delivery with a free one-month trial of Amazon Prime, which I have since purchased cause it`s great)

• Advertisement

My nearest Parcel Motel is only a 10 minute cycle away. I must give them a try.

mtdelany wrote: »
    The Hut has it for £39.99, but i regularly get 10-15% discount emails bringing it to £33.99

:D:D:D lol the hut always cancel orders

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Ordered thanks OP. Used Parcel Motel also, such a good service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

:D:D:D lol the hut always cancel orders

Yeah if it's anything like my last hut order it'll arrive in December. I'd stick with Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Ordered and using Parcel Motel, thanks op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Arrived yesterday, no Queueing, no hassle, free atomic blimp code(whatever that is) and a great price. Thanks to the op:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Arrived last Saturday for me :) thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Price seems to be £44.00 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Price seems to be £44.00 now

Only because it's out of stock with Amazon (if you look it says "Dispatched from and sold by FT Books"). When they have it back in stock it should be the same price as before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Great deal, I got the free first class delivery and using Parcel Motel, I had the game on Monday evening :), thanks OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement