Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorised valves

Options
  • 23-08-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Any one out there know if you can purchase longer leads for motorised valves ?? Any help would be appreciated,cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,984 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, give me a clue what you'd use a motorized valve in, and I'll move this to a better forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Move to electrical or plumbing

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sparkobrien77

Sorry meant to put it in electrical or plumbing but couldn't find it on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sparkobrien77

Hi,anyone out there know if you can purchase longer leads for motorised valves ? Any help would be appreciated,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Hi,anyone out there know if you can purchase longer leads for motorised valves ? Any help would be appreciated,cheers.

I've extended the leads using 5 core wire and proper junction boxes in the past. I just asked the shop to supply wire & junction boxes that were rated to a higher ampage than what is used in the motors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

I like the junction box idea because it makes it easier to swap out when replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Cerco wrote: »
    I like the junction box idea because it makes it easier to swap out when replacing.

If your looking for something like that check out sauter valves come plug in so for future maintenance no wiring just plug and go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Robbie.G wrote: »
    If your looking for something like that check out sauter valves come plug in so for future maintenance no wiring just plug and go

Yea I used them on the last heating job I setup. Handy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,984 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Robbie.G wrote: »

Oh god yes, I'm reasonably good at DIY so I'd do a lot of small jobs for my friends and for convenience sake (mine :P) any-time I change a motor for a friend I switch it to Sauter head if the valve body will accept them

• Advertisement
Advertisement