Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mans messenger bag

Options
  • 23-08-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello all, got into nuim to study comp. Sci. Now i want a messenger bag, but im not sure how big it needs to be as in how much stuff ill need to lug around. i don't want to look like a clown on front of all the 18 year olds. And suggestion would be welcomed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

I myself got one of these bad boys when I went back to college: http://www.sporthouse.ie/

Not exactly a messenger bag, probably be bigger than you need but they are very durable and they don't stand out making you a less obvious target.

And try not to care what the eighteen year olds think.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Sporthouse bags are the way to go I bought one for my young fella and he is now heading into 3rd year with it and it is still in one price even though he is to lazy to leave books in his locker and the bag is kicked around the bus stop most evenings (pity I can't find a lunch box of the same durability)
    ^^^^^
    Don't worry about the young ones, you probably wont know any of them until at least 3rd year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

I had a sporthouse bag the whole way through school - it did me for some of college too. Powerhouse bags, perfect for what you need.

OP, if you're set on a messenger bag - I'd be opting for something from River Island with some structure to it that can close. (Some of them, you just pull a flap over - put the bag on the ground and it's bye bye pens)

Stop caring what the 18 year olds will think, or anyone else for that matter. They'll all be sh!tting it about their bags too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jamesccp

Thanks for getting back to me appreciate all the advice. I ended up getting the messenger bag in Tescos 18 euro with the stamps. Its a Wenger bag and seem really solid and plenty of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I got a sporthouse bag when I started secondary school 18 years ago. It's been used on a daily basis almost every day since and its still going strong. Great bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Bought one of these recently....decent little bag!

http://www.wiggle.com/dhb-luggit-blok-18l-messenger-bag/

Advertisement