Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About the lecturers?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Is there a site where one could learn about what the lectures & the lecturers are like? For example, I want to learn about Dr. Carmen Kuhling (in Sociology). How does she teach the course?

(The reason why I ask for a site like this is that I don't like the kind of lecturers who want students to make presentations all the time, and the term is spent just like that. I really want to avoid those kind of modules.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

This is possibly the best place to get the module outline it won't tell what the lecturer is like, that is the surprise portion :)

http://outside.ul.ie/BookOfModules/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What type of lecturers do you want?

You can always type their name into Google Scholar to see if they have written many research papers, and also check their citations.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 marquez

As I mentioned before, I just don't like the kind of lecturers who leave all the work to students, and the term is spent with student presentations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Presentations generally take place in tutorials. Lectures are for delivering material. Theres a Lecture:tutorial ratio of 2:1 in general

Advertisement