Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards acting strangely for me after FF update.

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭

Just 'upgraded' to the latest iteration of FF and now, weirdly, most Boards pages are displaying without any of the usual layout. It's just the white background with plaintext and blue/purple links. This isn't fixed by disabling extensions, nor by updating plugins and it only happens on most pages, not all. For example, the front page is fine as are certain pages related to my profile and control panel/appearance settings. It's pretty peculiar. This is happening on two computers as well.

Ideas?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Site Development will probably be a better place to post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Are you using https on the pages that are messed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭briany

Site Development will probably be a better place to post this.

Any mods want to move it, that's fine. Wasn't quite sure of the best place to put this.
    Masked Man wrote: »
    Are you using https on the pages that are messed up?

Yes I am. Fixed. Thank you! Did the update enable default HTTPS or something because I had HTTPSEverywhere disabled along with everything else. I never thought to look in the address bar to see if it was there which it was. Never would have thought it'd be a problem because it wasn't 'til this update.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The latest Firefox disabled mixed mode content. Boards.ie doesn't support whole site HTTPS, and you shouldn't be trying to use it.

Advertisement