Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the league winners! (Season 2)

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

NO CHEATING THIS YEAR YE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Get the views in BEFORE the season starts!

DIVISION 1 Real (Out for revenge I think)
    DIVISION 2 Tough.... JUST Chelsea over Roma, Roma have quality players
    DIVISION 3 Sevilla (With Negredo have to be up there & going to take a lot of pressure off myself :D )
    DIVISION 4 Genoa (Good manager with a good squad, got decent results last year)

Come on, lets see who gets the most ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

DIVISION 1 dortmund
    DIVISION 2 Inter Milan :D ( I can dream ) Being realistic : Chelsea
    DIVISION 3 Lazio
    DIVISION 4 Genoa

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

DIVISION 1 Real Madrid
    DIVISION 2 Chelsea
    DIVISION 3 Lazio
    DIVISION 4 Malaga

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

D1: Barca
    D2: Chelsea
    D3: LA Galaxy Hamburg
    D4 Rangers

For D2,3,4 I went with managers who put very unlikely runs together ... And LA Galaxy have 2 of my lads on loan :)

Forgot how close Hamburg came last season ... If the pull off the Tevez deal they have to be favorites for D3

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

DIVISION 1 Real Madrid (Revenge will be SWEET)
    DIVISION 2 São Paulo FC (Great manager last season, he has it)
    DIVISION 3 Lazio (He has tekkers, he can do it)
    DIVISION 4 Malaga (If he sells Isco for 2 great players, he could be up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

DIVISION 1 Dortmund (Think they'll do it again)
    DIVISION 2 Roma
    DIVISION 3 Sevilla
    DIVISION 4 Flamengo (A dark horse)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

DIVISION 1 Dortmund
    DIVISION 2 Chelsea
    DIVISION 3 Palermo (If I cant at least get playoffs, I should give up with the squad I have)
    DIVISION 4 Sporting Lisbon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

BuMp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only people that have voted before the match tonight can claim credibility once the end of season results are in on this lads!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike (Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) last year

ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Yeah that Mac fella is an awful cheat.. We should all have a game world and just cheat to win everything like he does.... ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

DIVISION 1 Real Madrid
    DIVISION 2 Chelsea
    DIVISION 3 Hamburg
    DIVISION 4 Malaga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I have been away the weekend, and trying to view things on my phone to make my decisions was not possible, I don't mind being called a cheat and so here are my predictions :D

Division One: Dortmund back to back championships will be a remarkable achievement, but i think it will be possible!

Division Two: Chelsea Was gutted for their manager that they got relegated, it was a brave fight put up considering the position when he took over. Division Two looks tough, but I am going with Chelsea.

Division Three: Lazio I am going to put the same pressure on Tupac that has put upon me. I think he has found his spiritual home in Lazio, Malaga never suited him. He seemed to have found a winning formula at the back end of last season and I think he can be there or thereabouts this season.

Division Four : Boca Juniors everything is in place at Boca for them to have a good season. A very good squad and a loyal fanbase, they had a good season last season but like myself just ran out of steam at the end.

It is good that some people think I have a chance of winning division four, but i don't like the pressure :pac: My chairman has already said he expects promotion, it is going to be a very tough season though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Div 1: Dortmund, I just think he has the squad to last the season and give it a fair auld go.

Div 2 Roma, I reckon they can give Chelsea a run for their money.

Div 3: Lazio, Tupac has a serious squad there and if he can get one or two more in he will be hard bet.

div 4: Sporting Lisbon, despite a bad start in losing to Palmeiras, I think my squad is just about the best in the league and if I can find a system that makes the best of the players I have available to me, I should be able to win the league. I'm still a newbie but I reckon I will learn fast. Of my starting 11 8 are 89 with the other 3 players being 88's. I just need to figure out how to make them click!

Seaneh wrote: »
    Div 1: Dortmund, I just think he has the squad to last the season and give it a fair auld go.

Div 2 Roma, I reckon they can give Chelsea a run for their money.

Div 3: Lazio, Tupac has a serious squad there and if he can get one or two more in he will be hard bet.

div 4: Sporting Lisbon, despite a bad start in losing to Palmeiras, I think my squad is just about the best in the league and if I can find a system that makes the best of the players I have available to me, I should be able to win the league. I'm still a newbie but I reckon I will learn fast. Of my starting 11 8 are 89 with the other 3 players being 88's. I just need to figure out how to make them click!

Whist I appreciate the kind words....

CHEAT!!!! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Looks like the pressure is on for me to get promoted at the very least this season :eek:

Whist I appreciate the kind words....

CHEAT!!!! ;-)

Cheat?!?!

PM me or message me in game to explain if you want?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Cheat?!?!

I think he's getting at entering after the first game has been played :D

He's VERY touchy about that :rolleyes:

aaah, I see.

Ha, well, in fairness, I only just saw the thread!

Cheat?!?!

Ah I put in a smilie!!!!!

Go on so, keep this open till the next game, get the votes in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Think ill wait and vote in December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    D1: Barca
    D2: Chelsea
    D3: LA Galaxy Hamburg
    D4 Rangers

For D2,3,4 I went with managers who put very unlikely runs together ... And LA Galaxy have 2 of my lads on loan :)

Forgot how close Hamburg came last season ... If the pull off the Tevez deal they have to be favorites for D3
    Just noticed this thanks for the vote of confidence, maybe Celtic might push better though.

Bump on this!

I got 2!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Think ill wait and vote in December

Oopps I forgot ha

How wrong was I about every league besides the one that mattered to me?

Who'd have thought that tupac would make such a fu*k up of Lazio's season and that Mac would end the season so badly?

I knew Chelsea would be there or there abouts in d2 but honestly thought Roma would give them a run because they had a strong squad.

How wrong was I about every league besides the one that mattered to me?

Who'd have thought that tupac would make such a fu*k up of Lazio's season and that Mac would end the season so badly?

I knew Chelsea would be there or there abouts in d2 but honestly thought Roma would give them a run because they had a strong squad.

End it so badly? I'm second in the form tables!

End it so badly? I'm second in the form tables!

I meant the second half of the season in general.

I meant the second half of the season in general.

At the half way mark I was eighth. I'm now second. My late charge was good but not good enough and hardly bad.

At the half way mark I was eighth. I'm now second. My late charge was good but not good enough and hardly bad.

Wasting your time man... Trust me

Advertisement