Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

Jamez735 wrote: »
    does the combine/body harvester return?

Doubt it as I haven't seen or heard of it yet, but the huge tractor will suffice for me! :D

KDq0sgk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

So how many vehicles are there in GTA 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Are any of trucks actually useable? Like the Tow-Truck etc..

Can you put cars on the back of flatbeds?

Good question. I can't see the flatbeds being functional, but I would imagine the hook and chain type will be usable.

I wonder if the old tractor will be able to tow cars like in GTA San Andres :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

There's a tractor :) iv also had a fire truck it's up around the top of the map ambulance up that way too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, you can tow cars with the tow-truck. well there's a few missions where you have to do this, havent tried it outside the missions though but I'd say you can. Not sure about the flatbeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

spider_pig wrote: »
    There's a tractor :) iv also had a fire truck it's up around the top of the map ambulance up that way too

A bloody John dree

spider_pig wrote: »

Brilliant! I'm liking the background there too.

Do you have the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

There also appears to be one of those huge trucks you see used in mines, imagine the destruction you could do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

The machinery seems powerful!

MBQwR8K.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hidden packages are scraps of paper now, 50 of them to collect to solve the murder mystery of sombody

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone fly a jumbo yet? Fill me in what it is like! And is it complete carnage when you crash it or does it bounce about the place?

Just watching some gameplay videos here, the car customization looks really cool. And the prices seem okay; I've just seen a full chrome respray for $200! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brendantuffy

i hope the tractors have a bit of speed and use

i hope the tractors have a bit of speed and use

I doubt they'll be fast tbh, and I'm not sure if there'll be a use for them. But if you can customize them then I'll be adding a turbo to one! :cool: (You can add turbos)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brendantuffy

i think people are gonna hav their opinions anyway and sure what harm if driving is crap its gta it will be gud craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Seeing as it's GTA I'm fully expecting being able to do this:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

From the videos I've seen so far, this could be a potential deal breaker.

The cars are practically glued to the road, you have to smash them repeatedly to do any damage and to top it all off, you can wiggle the stick to roll your car back off its roof.

The handling appears to have regressed from something that requires a bit of timing and skill to "hold button, reach destination", with horribly unrealistic twitchiness in the steering.

Again, if it's as bad as it looks it could well be getting traded in on Friday for the new Pro Evo.

Haha typical keyboard critic. You'd swear you were a reputable payed reporter, pffft. You havn't even played the game yet FFS. " horribly unrealistic twitchiness in the steering" Day off mate, have one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Have to laugh at people giving out about the driving in gta V when they haven't even played the game.

And then I laugh even more when they say gta iv's driving was realistic, if you think that you obviously have never driven a car and definitely have not raced one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Haha typical keyboard critic. You'd swear you were a reputable payed reporter, pffft. You havn't even played the game yet FFS. " horribly unrealistic twitchiness in the steering" Day off mate, have one...

What, it looks **** to me, am I not allowed have an opinion?

I know what I like, and twitchy, arcade-y handling isn't it. I'm also not the only one saying they don't like the look of it (note that I never said I've played it).

So yeah, "have one" yerself :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Boognish wrote: »
    yeah vehicle handling looks horribly dumbed down, pretty disappointed

I like that. I hated GTA IVs driving, one pull of the handbrake and you lose control of the car going skidding and sliding everywhere. And of course there's only so much they can put into the driving mechanism (even though it is Grand Theft Auto yada yada), so don't know why anyone would expect Forza/GT level driving mechanism if that is what you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I like that. I hated GTA IVs driving, one pull of the handbrake and you lose control of the car going skidding and sliding everywhere.

Clearly didn't have the skillz :cool:

What, it looks **** to me, am I not allowed have an opinion?

I know what I like, and twitchy, arcade-y handling isn't it. I'm also not the only one saying they don't like the look of it (note that I never said I've played it).

So yeah, "have one" yerself :rolleyes:

Laughed at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Clearly didn't have the skillz :cool:

I'm usually quite good at driving games, but it felt like IV was stuck in the middle, didn't know which way it was trying to go. Wasn't arcadey, wasn't completely realistic either. But saying that I didn't really play GTA IV that much, hated the whole brown tint everything had in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Does anyone know can you sneak in this game?

Think it was san andreas you could sneak. Even sneak up on pedestrians and kill them with a stealth attack.

joe123 wrote: »

Think it was san andreas you could sneak. Even sneak up on pedestrians and kill them with a stealth attack.

Yes press x twice and crawl up behind them, then do a stealth attack and wrap blue plastic bag around their head and suffocate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

joe123 wrote: »

Yeah you can sneak and knock people out from behind.
    Love the Breaking Bad reference with bald guy in the meth lab and the apron on and Trevor killing Johnny from TLAD :O And the mention of Niko by Lester " Some eastern european from liberty city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Truffad z type ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Laughed at!

Oh noes, whatever shall I do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Laughed at!

So are you.

People can have different opinions to yourself, you'll learn that someday.

Advertisement