Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I know GTA IV was more realistic, but it took too long to learn how to drive without spinning out all the time.

and

yeah but IV had cars that spun out all the time, were like driving a shopping trolley full of bricks with a wonky back wheel and you barely touched something and the car exploded in flames.

I genuinely can't get my head around comments like the above.

Maybe it's just me. I genuinely found GTA IV very easy to drive in, but sure, I find all racing games from Mario Kart to Saints Row 3 to GTA IV to Gran Turismo and Forza to be quite easy to get to grips with. There really wasn't massively steep learning curve others are making out with IV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I know GTA IV was more realistic, but it took too long to learn how to drive without spinning out all the time.

and

yeah but IV had cars that spun out all the time, were like driving a shopping trolley full of bricks with a wonky back wheel and you barely touched something and the car exploded in flames.

I genuinely can't get my head around comments like the above.

Maybe it's just me. I genuinely found GTA IV very easy to drive in, but sure, I I find all racing games from Mario Kart to Saints Row 3 to GTA IV to Gran Turismo and Forza to be quite easy to get to grips with. There really wasn't massively steep learning curve others are making out with IV.

Completely agree with this - corner approaches, tap breaks, don't lock the stick all the way, job done.

And it was proper satisfying to weave in and out of traffic at high speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

Have to agree with the above, I found driving in GTA IV to be very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

mod edit- removed what could be a major spoiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ spoiler tag that ffs, it's a spoiler thread but ruining the ending of a game that isn't even out yet is fairly cuntish behaviour. Whatever about posting stuff about vehicles and gameplay elements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

@rustedtrumpet

you absolute mong

Gotta agree there. I know its a spoiler thread but thats a bit too spoiler-ey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just watched a video with grove street in it, I could recognize it before the lad got there; the gym, the bridge just before the cul de sac.

First place I'm going and on a bike, going to pedal like it's 2004.

The cul-de-sac is very different though.

Did you watch the video on a certain Facebook page?

• Advertisement

The lad is a blatant troll he's posting it elsewhere in the GTA forum. People have little to be doing on Sunday night, eh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

David64 wrote: »
    Gotta agree there. I know its a spoiler thread but thats a bit too spoiler-ey.

Agree, I don't care about seeing stuff beforehand as I dont play GTA for the plot I play it for the world itself, but jesus, the games not even out yet officially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Glad I put him on ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

zyXbgekAV48.jpg
    37Z6aBkLDBM.jpg

Is Franklin flipping the bird... at an actual bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Can I just ask why people think the driving is so "unrealistic", when the storyline/gameplay as a whole is fairly unrealistic :) kinda all adds up to make it a good game. If driving in it was like the kinda driving you'd get in say Forza or Gran Turismo it would really take away from the rest of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm usually quite good at driving games, but it felt like IV was stuck in the middle, didn't know which way it was trying to go. Wasn't arcadey, wasn't completely realistic either.

I'd agree with that. I've poured hours into Forza etc, I don't mind nuanced driving mechanics, but the GTAIV ones weren't either challenging enough to be rewarding for me, nor were they arcadey enough to be dumb fun. It made for an immensely tedious experience and I wound up spending half the game in taxis just to avoid as much of it as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

http://gta-5-map.com/

Map made by some wizard

It is still a work in progress but WELL DONE to whoever made it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

trudub83 wrote: »
    http://gta-5-map.com/

Map made by some wizard

It is still a work in progress but WELL DONE to whoever made it.

The guy who made this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1mgnjv/gta_5_google_map_alpha_version/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

10 minutes until the review embargo is lifted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

13 minutes, going by my clock, unless of course the embargo is lifted at 14:55 ;)

my watch appears to be offer by a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mothb

I know its 8gb but does anyone know how long the install will actually take on ps3?

Probably 30 minutes or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Not sure if this a spoiler so going to post here the ifruit app is now in the ios App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/grand-theft-auto-ifruit/id697056811?mt=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Anybody have any luck stealing trains?

Is it possible?
    iv tried and tried with no success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I even took out the driver and it still kept going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How do I regain health? Can't seem to find a restaurant on the map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How do I regain health? Can't seem to find a restaurant on the map

Can of sprunk. There is a vending machine at every shooting range. Or health packs in the safe house

Advertisement