Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Not even four hours into the game and I made $100,000 by fetching a guy's bike after it got stolen. He sent an email saying he was the head of an organic pet food company and gave me $100,000 worth of shares.

Amazing depth but it feels dirty having that money so soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Woo! Finished the story.

Really liked the whole story. Characters played well off each other and the story never felt forced.

Now all I have to do is figure out how the hell I can afford that golf club. Even with all the heists I'm well over 100m short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I bought the airfield. How do I use it to make money?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I bought the airfield. How do I use it to make money?

Get in to the plane or the buggy and its straight forward from there

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I've been taking my time with it, I just unlocked Trevor last night.
    Johnny from the lost and the dammed met a fairly abrupt end didn't he, I though he would have played a bigger role then getting his head kicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The crane missions with Trevor was fun, I love the variety. Then I got spiked as Michael and started seeing aliens :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Not even four hours into the game and I made $100,000 by fetching a guy's bike after it got stolen. He sent an email saying he was the head of an organic pet food company and gave me $100,000 worth of shares.

Amazing depth but it feels dirty having that money so soon

Believe me, 100k is nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Penn wrote: »
    Woo! Finished the story.

Really liked the whole story. Characters played well off each other and the story never felt forced.

Now all I have to do is figure out how the hell I can afford that golf club. Even with all the heists I'm well over 100m short.

How long did it take you to do the missions?

lkionm wrote: »
    How long did it take you to do the missions?

Game time for each was about 11 hours for Franklin, 11 for Michael and almost 9 with Trevor. That includes a good bit of general exploring, side missions and mini games (tennis takes longer to play than golf sometimes). I've no idea of the breakdown for what the actual main story missions would be for that though. Maybe two-thirds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just noticed this. It's on Jimmy De Santa's screen when he's sitting with his mum and sister at the table in Michael's house

CLkT5TX.jpg

And here's a shot of Tracey's boobs for good measure

vQA2LXw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Just completed the game there, big spoiler below on story, i wouldn't look if you haven't completed yet, this is for people who completed it.

Pissed off how i completed that game. When i had to choose a b or c, i thought you had to choose a character that was going to die, so i picked michael because i like the other two better,and got that sh*t ending, i then went into the missions were you can repeat and done the proper mission c, was much better, but now i cant do any of michael side missions, i always save the side missions until last. Is there anything i can do to get them missions/michael back?

TheBza wrote: »
    Just completed the game there, big spoiler below on story, i wouldn't look if you haven't completed yet, this is for people who completed it.

Pissed off how i completed that game. When i had to choose a b or c, i thought you had to choose a character that was going to die, so i picked michael because i like the other two better,and got that sh*t ending, i then went into the missions were you can repeat and done the proper mission c, was much better, but now i cant do any of michael side missions, i always save the side missions until last. Is there anything i can do to get them missions/michael back?
    Don't think so, I'm afraid, apart from starting a new game. When I thought I'd have to kill one or the other I was going to kill Michael (even though I liked him) because I'd finished all his side missions and figured at least if Trevor's alive and I switch to him, he might be in the desert meaning I don't always have to drive out there. But then when it gave me the option of killing neither, I just had to try it first, even if you somehow still ended up having to kill one in the end. Sorry. Apart from starting a new game I don't think there's anything you can do to bring him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

A sobbing Trevor dropping Trisha back to her husband while "If You Leave Me Now" plays on the radio made me break out laughing. The little touches like that never fail to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

One of my favourite lines thus far is from Nigel
    (the old lad after celeb mementos) "I've got a protruding hip, it's not a semi"
    Been laughing all evening at it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just finished it there so don't read this as it is to do with the last mission.
    I'm seriously pissed off with the ending. After all the dialogue and how at times it looked like Trevor and Michael still at least cared for each other, when I chose to kill Trevor, the way he kills him, there doesn't seem to be any remorse there whatsoever, which I find very strange.

I also question the need to kill off a character at all. It almost feels like they just put it in there cause they felt they had to. Weird.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Just finished it there so don't read this as it is to do with the last mission.
    I'm seriously pissed off with the ending. After all the dialogue and how at times it looked like Trevor and Michael still at least cared for each other, when I chose to kill Trevor, the way he kills him, there doesn't seem to be any remorse there whatsoever, which I find very strange.

I also question the need to kill off a character at all. It almost feels like they just put it in there cause they felt they had to. Weird.
    You didn't have to kill either of them. Michael has no remorse for Trevor because you're the one who selected to kill Trevor, thus the characters had to act in accordance with your choice. You determined that Michael and Franklin wanted to kill Trevor by selecting that option. If you chose the last option, all three work together, make up, and live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

**Ending Spoiler***
    Well I didn't choose to Kill anyone and we all lived happily ever after

****, I thought deathwish meant Franklin died :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

For anyone doing the Epsilon pilgrimage or still has to do it, just be a bit weary that not all of the desert counts for the 5 miles. I ran from west (where it begins) to the east and was about .5, perhaps 1 mile away from the freeway and the mile count was reset. I had done 2.7 miles up to that point. Stay around the runway, prison and Sandy Shores and you'll be fine.

Also, there are mountain lions occasionally around too. So if you're like me and not paying attention to the screen while watching on Youtube beside yourself on the iPad or laptop while running in this, pay a bit more attention :pac:

Is it not possible to get 100% after the final mission if you kill one of them? :(

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    For anyone doing the Epsilon pilgrimage or still has to do it, just be a bit weary that not all of the desert counts for the 5 miles. I ran from west (where it begins) to the east and was about .5, perhaps 1 mile away from the freeway and the mile count was reset. I had done 2.7 miles up to that point. Stay around the runway, prison and Sandy Shores and you'll be fine.

Also, there are mountain lions occasionally around too. So if you're like me and not paying attention to the screen while watching on Youtube beside yourself on the iPad or laptop while running in this, pay a bit more attention :pac:

I pretty much just ran in a circle around the mobile home things. Small enough to avoid any trouble or go too far, large enough to not get dizzy watching it for a few seconds when checking how far I'd gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Is it not possible to get 100% after the final mission if you kill one of them? :(

Could ya post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057046000 what happened in the final mission
    as you seem to be the only one not to chose deathwish, i'd love to know how it differed

If I buy the heavy lift heli will I be able to lift the sub??

Guys, can people give us a hand with a few of the side missions.

Firstly, Tanisha, I did the two towing missions for her. Then I remember getting a call from here but ignored it. And since then I can't seem to do the third missions for her. Any idea how I bring it up?

Then looking online, there's a load of missions called: seeking/accepting/assuming etc. the truth, how do I bring those up?

Thanks.

Currently doing free roam and have nothing popped up at all for the Strangers and Freaks.

Guys, can people give us a hand with a few of the side missions.

Firstly, Tanisha, I did the two towing missions for her. Then I remember getting a call from here but ignored it. And since then I can't seem to do the third missions for her. Any idea how I bring it up?

Then looking online, there's a load of missions called: seeking/accepting/assuming etc. the truth, how do I bring those up?

Thanks.

Currently doing free roam and have nothing popped up at all for the Strangers and Freaks.

Look for the Epsilon website. Then you have to complete the Epsilon Program Identity Evaluation, by answering several questions. The answers don't matter. Once you done that, the missions for them begin soon after.

Did the first one and now haven't heard anything from Epsilon, even after donating the money.

What's annoying me too, is no matter where I am on the map, it is showing me the icon for Pasonbys in Rockford Hills, which is a clothes shop, is there clothes I'm supposed to change into for a mission or something?

Did the first one and now haven't heard anything from Epsilon, even after donating the money.

What's annoying me too, is no matter where I am on the map, it is showing me the icon for Pasonbys in Rockford Hills, which is a clothes shop, is there clothes I'm supposed to change into for a mission or something?

Some missions won't show up for around 24 hour game hours if I recall correctly. What I did was just sleep (save the game) and by the time I woke up, the next mission had shown up.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Some missions won't show up for around 24 hour game hours if I recall correctly. What I did was just sleep (save the game) and by the time I woke up, the next mission had shown up.

Thanks man, when I go to switch characters, I've a 1 beside Franklin, but there's no missions around at all. I think it might be a glitch with that Tanisha one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thanks man, when I go to switch characters, I've a 1 beside Franklin, but there's no missions around at all. I think it might be a glitch with that Tanisha one.

Tanisha will call you for the final mission.

Epsilson you need to complete father/son with michael and the icon is a door that opens. Looks like it wont but it does.

• Advertisement

I've got the
    Van for Trev's mother but anytime i get to the van she's gone

Am i missing something??

Advertisement