Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

So judging by the spoiler videos
    it would appear that snow is in, alright. Kind of expected it but not sure if Im happy or sad to find out this way that it's in the game. Would've been good to skid around in it for the first time by myself, rather than see it on a video, but you can't not watch them...

I'd imagine the game will be disected inside out and all over the net before saturday. If ever there was a time to intentionally break a release date or get games on shelves this would really be it. Facebook, twitter, etc. are going to be covered in spoilers. I'd say Rockstar are irate, but sure you can't stop it from happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

it would appear that snow is in, alright. Kind of expected it but not sure if Im happy or sad to find out this way that it's in the game. Would've been good to skid around in it for the first time by myself, rather than see it on a video, but you can't not watch them...

I'd imagine the game will be disected inside out and all over the net before saturday. If ever there was a time to intentionally break a release date or get games on shelves this would really be it. Facebook, twitter, etc. are going to be covered in spoilers. I'd say Rockstar are irate, but sure you can't stop it from happening.

This happened with GTA IV, people receive it early in the post and post ****ty videos online. R* try to get them taken down but they never get them all. They wont budge on the release date, they didn't then, they wont now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

cursai wrote: »

Why can you watch that video, then at the end it goes the videos been pulled for copyright? I'd say Youtube will be kept busy this weekend pulling leaked videos of it. Hook us up if you find any links of what the golf will be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Snow was confirmed in the picture of North Yankton a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

guttenberg wrote: »
    Why can you watch that video, then at the end it goes the videos been pulled for copyright? I'd say Youtube will be kept busy this weekend pulling leaked videos of it. Hook us up if you find any links of what the golf will be like!

It's a playlist and only a few of the videos were pulled although it seems they're nearly all down now. Didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

WOW MASSIVE spoilers here lads! Mind yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

• Advertisement

guttenberg wrote: »

it jus showed bits of driving. a shootout in the snow. the white.rich guy smoking from a bong. playing tennis. bit of a bank robbery and the black fella kicking some lad in a plastic chair. Graphics look much improved though have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

pedatron wrote: »
    WOW MASSIVE spoilers here lads! Mind yourselves.

Not huge spoilers, just some gameplay stuff. It's mainly grainy phone footage, so not exactly a good indicator of graphics. Looks good though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

TKNLlQ5h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Ha Chop commands, that's class!

I wish there was a "Chop, sic balls" button though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Graphics look ****e!!! Expected a lot more tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I think it looks pretty good especially since the footage is captured on a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You're looking at them through a phone recording of a tv playing the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I think it looks pretty good especially since the footage is captured on a phone.

And then compressed to f**k to upload to a Instagram!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

cursai wrote: »

They're all on his instagram page. He said he's gonna make more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Most of the vehicles available, including pics and stats

http://imgur.com/a/v65rG

I'd advise to stop when you get to the cover image of the guide as the rest has spoilers for random events and collectibles locations as well as achievements/trophies and story mission names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that's like complaining a film has crap special effects because you're watching it recorded by someone who recorded it from their phone while having a fit then put it on the internet via a potato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The graphics were never going to be amazing, especially on the 360, but the lighting is far better than IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

krudler wrote: »
    that's like complaining a film has crap special effects because you're watching it recorded by someone who recorded it from their phone while having a fit then put it on the internet via a potato.
    I was always baffled about this magic potato which seems to be able to record footage before big releases come out.

Not too fussed on the graphics, as long as it is bright, colourful and scenic unlike that depressing, dour, bleak, wet, dark shíthole of a concrete jungle Liberty City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

miralize wrote: »
    The graphics were never going to be amazing, especially on the 360, but the lighting is far better than IV.

How do you work that out?

GTA IV ran better and had a higher resolution on the 360, while RDR had more detail, much higher res and framerate on it.

Max Payne 3 and LA Noire looked and ran about the same on both platforms.

Anyway, R* have said that both versions have been developed in tandem and the differences should be negligible. Oh, and if you want to afford it a bit more "wow", spend this weekend playing GTA 1 :D

Yay! Can we have a console war like this is a Youtube comments section?!

PS3 is amazing and the 360 is shít.

*runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

How do you work that out?

GTA IV ran better and had a higher resolution on the 360, while RDR had more detail, much higher res and framerate on it.

Max Payne 3 and LA Noire looked and ran about the same on both platforms.

Anyway, R* have said that both versions have been developed in tandem and the differences should be negligible. Oh, and if you want to afford it a bit more "wow", spend this weekend playing GTA 1 :D

Honestly anyone makes as much as a glancing throwaway comment about a specific platform and people jump to defend their allegiances straight away. I own the 360, so its not like I'm bashing (if you even want to call it that) out of a lack of knowledge. And I'm not going to argue back, because as above, its pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

360 version about to be leaked onto internet rumored.Out of all games I think people should buy it's this one, you will get your moneys worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

dave1982 wrote: »
    360 version about to be leaked onto internet rumored.Out of all games I think people should buy it's this one, you will get your moneys worth

I'm reading the threads now!
    Looks like a lot of trolling going on, no actual game :D

Advertisement