Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There is just no pleasing some people.

Indeed, I don't play GTA for realistic crash physics, in fact the funnier they are the better. I saw some instagram short clips and people where whinging where a car flipped over a bridge that there was "only" damage to the front and back and nothing to the side, who the fuck cares?! long as the cars feel good to handle and the game is fun I'll be happy out. If you want realistic physics go play Gran Turismo, this is GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

A great quality vid of the player just flying above the city. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fce_1379068256

shrewdness wrote: »
    This one? Frank doesn't hold back!

ibcTC7dSN1NsCC.gif

The collision detection is bloody brilliant on that, look how he stands on the guy after he goes down instead of his foot going through him. Walking around punching randomers is going to be hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

A great quality vid of the player just flying above the city. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fce_1379068256

Any idea if the airports can be "unlocked" for free roam or are you getting a wanted level every time you want a plane?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

DJHdrxL.png

TOWING CONFIRMED!! OMFG!!!

• Advertisement

Can't wait to fly around on a jetski, the wave effects look cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I'd imagine that's pretty realistic, you know going into an airport and taking a plane seems grounds for a pretty severe wanted level. I'd say you can work towards getting an area in the airport for planes you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

krudler wrote: »
    The collision detection is bloody brilliant on that, look how he stands on the guy after he goes down instead of his foot going through him. Walking around punching randomers is going to be hilarious :pac:

I think I've found my answer to the "What will you do first" question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think thats actually part of the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Tinie wrote: »
    iDI04ch4V3Dfy.gif

good crash physics.

Also, if you want to be well and truly spoiled, heres a good 20 min video of gameplay. http://hashd.tv/vod/raise-your-dongers-1

Notice the blood on the bonnet when he hits and then its gone when he gets up

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tbh, I don't see an issue about people worrying about certain aspects about the game if there is some truth to it.

The driving mechanics for one thing, I for one will wait till I get my hands on the game before fully criticising it. Well known at this stage that I'm quite amused people struggled and complained about IV's driving. There was a small learning curve to it, nothing more but the majority seemingly wanted something more arcadey and now they have it with V. Something more based around Midnight Club LA, Saints Row and previous gen GTA games driving mechanics. You'd swear for people who didn't like the driving mechanics in IV, that it was similar to Gran Turismo or Forza :D

I'm actually playing Saints Row 3 atm having downloaded it for free thanks to PS + and while I can handle the over the top driving quite comfortably, there's no doubt in my mind IV > SR3 driving, all day everyday.

Like the driving, I thought the collision mechanics was grand in IV as well tbh.

Whatever happens, I'll still enjoy the game but there are concerns and have been for ages that I'm sure others share. Everything else in V looks fine to me and I had no doubts over at any stage of the past 2 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Does anyone know if you get goodies for getting collectables like previous GTA games except GTA IV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Will hopefully have a hold of this tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I thought the handling in IV was perfect and found the older games (and every other sandbox game with cars) unplayable once I got used to IV, I don't understand why they're taking a step back with it (IMO), that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

guttenberg wrote: »
    Any idea if the airports can be "unlocked" for free roam or are you getting a wanted level every time you want a plane?:confused:

I would guess that going to the airport/ military base will land you with a wanted level. Although I am sure there are plenty other places in the game that have helicopters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mothb

This is quality in fairness! roll on Tuesday!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I thought the handling in IV was perfect and found the older games (and every other sandbox game with cars) unplayable once I got used to IV, I don't understand why they're taking a step back with it (IMO), that's all.

Same. I couldn't play San Andreas or Vice City after IV for any long period of time post IV release, from back in 2008 to now in 2013. The general mechanics of the games, especially driving was too wacky and sensitive. Had me wanting to go back to play IV in fact. I'm sure I'll have many people rolling their eyes with my next comment, but it just seems they're catering for casual gamers more than anything. The one thing IV had in the game for me was that Rockstar absolutely nailed it with the driving mechanics. I'll forever stand by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mothb

Been a long, long time actually since I played San Andreas, would anyone recommend it? I reckon it'd be hard to go back to those graphics and gameplay controls.. cheap enough tho on the PS Store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Same. I couldn't play San Andreas or Vice City after IV for any long period of time post IV release, from back in 2008 to now in 2013. The general mechanics of the games, especially driving was too wacky and sensitive. Had me wanting to go back to play IV in fact. I'm sure I'll have many people rolling their eyes with my next comment, but it just seems they're catering for casual gamers more than anything. The one thing IV had in the game for me was that Rockstar absolutely nailed it with the driving mechanics. I'll forever stand by that.
    I agree with you on that, the driving was the only part of the gameplay I truly enjoyed, the rest was a massive let down for me. Hopefully the online play is much smoother, loved doing races.

Though I disagree on not being able to play SA or VC for long periods of time anymore. I recompleted SA last christmas and still found it to be very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

mothb wrote: »
    Been a long, long time actually since I played San Andreas, would anyone recommend it? I reckon it'd be hard to go back to those graphics and gameplay controls.. cheap enough tho on the PS Store

I would have a month ago but with V being 3 days away is there any point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I agree with the above about the driving in IV, have never understood the hate with it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah have to agree I had no problem with driving in GTA IV although getting the RWD cars under control at times was tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

http://sc2tv.ru/AGS-Team#

Some Russian gentlemen streaming in HD. Water effects are unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Yes, the driving looks a bit twitchy unfortunately, and 4x4s are sticking to the roads around corners like F1 cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

His driving is annoying me so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

His driving is annoying me so much.

Hes really really really really awful at driving, turned it off because it was lagging too.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I hated the driving in IV. Unless you had a sports car every over vehicle handled like a 20 tonne lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

going to try complete IV before tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I'm liking the graphics. Looks like a more refined version of IV but with far better lighting, colour, and draw distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Still disappointed by sparsity of traffic. It's compounded by the wide open boulevards of LS.

Advertisement