Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

AdamD wrote: »
    Hes really really really really awful at driving,

He's Russian... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hated the driving in IV. Unless you had a sports car every over vehicle handled like a 20 tonne lorry.

Agree, I hated it as well, the cars you got at the beginning felt like trying to drive a shopping trolley.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mothb wrote: »
    Been a long, long time actually since I played San Andreas, would anyone recommend it? I reckon it'd be hard to go back to those graphics and gameplay controls.. cheap enough tho on the PS Store

I'd recommend it despite my issues I mentioned above. For the majority, people seem to get on fine returning to previous GTA's.
    AdamD wrote: »
    I agree with you on that, the driving was the only part of the gameplay I truly enjoyed, the rest was a massive let down for me. Hopefully the online play is much smoother, loved doing races.

Though I disagree on not being able to play SA or VC for long periods of time anymore. I recompleted SA last christmas and still found it to be very enjoyable.

I've tried, I really did to get into it but the driving annoyed me greatly. But I ended up just pausing the game and listening to Radio Los Santos, Emotion 98.3, Flash FM, Fever 105, Flashback and K-DST instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I'll reserve my judgement on driving 'til I have the controller in my hands, but I did like IVs driving mechanics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's a Romanian guy streaming live too

http://www.justin.tv/sefe1337#/w/6826724272/2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

where the hell is the traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nice to see dying on a mission doesn't throw you back to the start again.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Nice to see dying on a mission doesn't throw you back to the start again.

Used to drive me nuts on the previous games, especially on multi part missions, I can't remember if IV had that cos I havent played it in years but it was infuriating on the previous ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

The Romanian stream is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Liked the switch there between Franklin & Michael, looked really smooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Gameplay youtube video here and good quality

Is this the 360 or PS3 version we're watching (romanian justin.tv)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

NSFW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Well, I can see this being awkward when the missus walks in at 6am to see me in my jocks, empty pringle tins and beer bottles strewn around, the gaming chair set at max vibrate and this on screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

A livestream GAME OVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

A livestream
    Edit: It appears the player is just f'in around. Not doing missions, so not really a spoiler as such.

Ugh I don't know if I should watch the livestreams or not....it feels a bit like peeking at christmas presents or something. :/

I've justified it to myself since I've no plan to buy it any time soon, so... it'd probably be spoiled for me by the time i do :pac:

A livestream
    Edit: It appears the player is just f'in around. Not doing missions, so not really a spoiler as such.

And loving it more as I'm getting to see the countryside :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just to note, linking to live streams of the game is okay. One or two people have asked for clarification on this. It's only linking to anywhere which details how to download a pirate/leaked copy of the game which will be deleted and actioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPsrzoFjeyA

I gave into temptation and decided to watch a few free-roam videos. The one above is my favourite so far, there is just so much going on. The area behind Vinewood in particular looks spectacular.

Also, I noticed that the handling seems quite like IV's in most videos. Jerky movements seem to be a result of using Franklin's special driving ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just too jealous of these ****ers to watch the videos, wish I was playing it now :D

A livestream

Looks like he's about to go for a night time flight :D

highdef wrote: »

Wow, the night time views from the air are amazing. The city looks so good. Loving the glow in the sky from the sodium lights too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Wow looks amazing!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just watching the stream with yer man in a plane over Los Santos. Wow, damn impressive. That's all I got to say.

Been glued to this since I turned it on. :eek:
    That poor dog/cool ATV/johnny cash from the desert to the city @ sunset.

Feel like shouting at the screen here. why didn't he try the door on the driver's side of the train :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Watched some YouTube vids on it. Think it looks great but the rag-doll effect when someone gets knocked is a bit off putting. Also seen a video where Franklin jumps towards a fence and just faceplants the pavement

• Advertisement

Equium wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPsrzoFjeyA

I gave into temptation and decided to watch a few free-roam videos. The one above is my favourite so far, there is just so much going on. The area behind Vinewood in particular looks spectacular.

Also, I noticed that the handling seems quite like IV's in most videos. Jerky movements seem to be a result of using Franklin's special driving ability.

There's a great bit in that clip where he's walking down a steep cliff and Franklin loses his footing and tumbles down the hill instead of doing the old GTA thing of just falling down, great little touch.

not really sure why people ar giving out about the traffic? looks alright to me there's 7-8 cars at each junction in some of those clips

Advertisement