Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I really don't know why people are giving out about the graphics?

Look at the detail, the mass, the people's movements. The amount of vehicles and area's to explore!!

Its gonna be a long time before we get movie like graphics on a games console with a game this vast!

This game has everything and more that a true GTA fan would want and the graphics are pretty damm good as far as I can see, most of it is recorded off phones which display ****e when pointed at a tv screen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I really don't know why people are giving out about the graphics?

Look at the detail, the mass, the people's movements. The amount of vehicles and area's to explore!!

Its gonna be a long time before we get movie like graphics on a games console with a game this vast!

This game has everything and more that a true GTA fan would want and the graphics are pretty damm good as far as I can see, most of it is recorded off phones which display ****e when pointed at a tv screen!!
    Yeah the graphics are fairly good considering the current gen consoles are nearing the end of the line. Definitely brighter and more vibrant than Gta IV

Squaredude wrote: »
    Yeah the graphics are fairly good considering the current gen consoles are nearing the end of the line. Definitely brighter and more vibrant than Gta IV

Exactly......Its the actual game play that gamers want. The graphics are still going to be good but id rather have a game that is actually fun to play than one that looks like a movie yet is as exciting as a trip on the LUAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

guttenberg wrote: »
    Blocked. What was it?
    It was Micheal visiting a Gentlemans Club and then getting trown out for to much touching :pac:

It was Micheal visiting a Gentlemans Club and then getting trown out for to much touching :pac:

To much touching??

Get the crew, go back and wreck the joint :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

To much touching??

Get the crew, go back and wreck the joint :D

While getting a private dance if a bouncer sees you touch her you get chucked. Be sneaky. ;)

Really looking forward to the cops.....are the intelligent?

Will they search for you properly and investigate when the see a stolen cop car say??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just saw a clip where a guy was flying a jet over a mountain highway, with the engine on fire, being chased by a police chopper, he slammed it into the ground, dove out before it hit and immediately got run over by a huge articulated lorry while he was in mid air

Im never leaving the house again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just seen a stream where Franklin was taking a photo of a couple riding in their back garden! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Met Michaels son called Jimmy and he goes to franklin " you can call me jizzle" haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Graphically the game really is quite stunning :O

dLCBjMt.jpg
    hCclsud.jpg
    RWhdIp9.jpg
    1YyhC8k.jpg
    FoYWWo4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

How the hell is anyone complaining about the game with them graphics?

How the hell is anyone complaining about the game with them graphics?

My thoughts exactly!

Sounds funny but if it looks to real it takes the fun out of it.....if Yano what i mean :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Playin it all day, graphics are great, characters and storylines are fantastic. Definately the funnest Grand Theft Auto since GTA: San Andreas. I think the cars handle great, much better than GTA4 although it's been a while since I've played it. Duno if its been mentioned before but even if your car flips upside down, pretty much every time, you can flip it back the right way up by turning left / right and accelerating / reversing, I've yet to have a car go on fire from being upside-down... used to happen faaar to often in 4.

Having just been in LA last week it's mad how close to reality some of it is, the Venice / Santa Monica area especially which is cool cos thats where I was staying. Played about 20 or 30 missions and done a lot of exploring. I dont think this game will get old anytime soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is there really only 69 missions like it says in the stats? It doesn't seem like much considering iv done 4 and they haven't really been very substantial at all and they need to be split between three characters. I suppose as you go further the missions get much longer and more epic?

The driving is extremely arcadey which I prefer to being overly difficult/frustrating but it is a little jarring how the cars and especially the motorbikes can turn and stop shop abruptly.

The graphics and gunplay are great as well as the voice acting.

Is there really only 69 missions like it says in the stats? It doesn't seem like much considering iv done 4 and they haven't really been very substantial at all and they need to be split between three characters. I suppose as you go further the missions get much longer and more epic?

The driving is extremely arcadey which I prefer to being overly difficult/frustrating but it is a little jarring how the cars and especially the motorbikes can turn and stop shop abruptly.

The graphics and gunplay are great as well as the voice acting.

What are the police response like...as in if you hide do they find you straight away like gta4?

Any submarine play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Is there Grove Street? Sorry if this is already a well know fact, im a bit behind in GTA V talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What are the police response like...as in if you hide do they find you straight away like gta4?

Any submarine play?

Haven't played it a whole lot yet (that's what today is for:pac:) so no submarines for me yet. The police seem good. When I started playing today they started chasing me (for some unknown reason, maybe I had a gun in my hand still or something) and I was on foot so just had to run into the grounds of this factory type building and ended up finding some stairs onto the roof of the building. When I got up there they couldn't find me despite being pretty close to me on the radar but at ground level(2 stars)
    Liam90 wrote: »
    Is there Grove Street? Sorry if this is already a well know fact, im a bit behind in GTA V talk.

Grove street is on the map but haven't gone there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

u6wlwWG.jpg

This makes the game an automatic 10/10 for me! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Demios wrote: »
    u6wlwWG.jpg

THRIFT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what ......

Time for me to get a big ass coat from that thrift shop down the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

In my experience you can hide down an alley, over a dirt hill just off the road etc. and even if you're within the "cone" of sight on the radar the cops wont see you. They definately give a better chase than the ones in gta4 if you're up for a good chase but otherwise, hiding is pretty effective.

Using Franklin is great fun when you're trying to outrun the cops as his unique ability to go to bullet time when driving lets you fly through road blocks or perform some pretty impressive dodging through traffic on busy roads

In my experience you can hide down an alley, over a dirt hill just off the road etc. and even if you're within the "cone" of sight on the radar the cops wont see you. They definately give a better chase than the ones in gta4 if you're up for a good chase but otherwise, hiding is pretty effective.

Using Franklin is great fun when you're trying to outrun the cops as his unique ability to go to bullet time when driving lets you fly through road blocks or perform some pretty impressive dodging through traffic on busy roads

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

mutley18 wrote: »

Can't wait!

Ah crap he had his account terminated now! He had a tonne of videos up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mutley18 wrote: »
    Ah crap he had his account terminated now! He had a tonne of videos up.

Just watched it a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

u6wlwWG.jpg

That's brilliant that you can change the characters hair, I remember rockstar staying you wouldn't be able to, they must have changed their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eschaton

u6wlwWG.jpg

Good to see Conor McGregor in the game!

So is it like San Andreas were you can walk into the barbers with a shaved head and come out rockin a fro and beard?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Someone found Franklin in free roam and killed him... They received this text less than a minute later

http://i.imgur.com/zvaeA3O.jpg

Advertisement