Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V *SPOILERS* thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Someone switched to Franklin and this is what he was like apparently..

rErhpwQ.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Dont know if its been posted yet but some fella has this up online...Bad language thru out so you are advised

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=710246025658302&set=vb.109534882488169&type=2&theater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Just saw the cops pull over a car and kill everyone in it.This game is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

trudub83 wrote: »
    Dont know if its been posted yet but some fella has this up online...Bad language thru out so you are advised

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=710246025658302&set=vb.109534882488169&type=2&theater

Any way for those of us without facebake to see this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

The driving is extremely arcadey which I prefer to being overly difficult/frustrating but it is a little jarring how the cars and especially the motorbikes can turn and stop shop abruptly.

yeah vehicle handling looks horribly dumbed down, pretty disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Boognish wrote: »

So something similar to Saints Row 3 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not so great pictures of strategy guide and vehicle stats here - http://imgur.com/a/30Gy2#ZI2hhmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

I'm pleased with that.

I don't like how the vehicles handle in IV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

From the videos I've seen so far, this could be a potential deal breaker.

The cars are practically glued to the road, you have to smash them repeatedly to do any damage and to top it all off, you can wiggle the stick to roll your car back off its roof.

The handling appears to have regressed from something that requires a bit of timing and skill to "hold button, reach destination", with horribly unrealistic twitchiness in the steering.

Again, if it's as bad as it looks it could well be getting traded in on Friday for the new Pro Evo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

Has anyone got any details on the vehicles in the game? Looking forward to the Emergency vehicles of the game.

The cars are practically glued to the road, you have to smash them repeatedly to do any damage and to top it all off, you can wiggle the stick to roll your car back off its roof.

The handling appears to have regressed from something that requires a bit of timing and skill to "hold button, reach destination", with horribly unrealistic twitchiness in the steering.

Again, if it's as bad as it looks it could well be getting traded in on Friday for the new Pro Evo.

There's a cheat to revert handling back to GTA IV style, or at least something like it.

From what I've heard, it looks worse than it really is. I know GTA IV was more realistic, but it took too long to learn how to drive without spinning out all the time. At least this time it's more accessible to new players, and more fun too...I for one was sick of my car getting wrecked from one crash, even if it was realistic.

It's like what rockstar said on filling cars up at petrol station, how far do you want to go realism-wise before you lose the fun factor?

Jamez735 wrote: »
    There's a cheat to revert handling back to GTA IV style, or at least something like it.

From what I've heard, it looks worse than it really is. I know GTA IV was more realistic, but it took too long to learn how to drive without spinning out all the time. At least this time it's more accessible to new players, and more fun too...I for one was sick of my car getting wrecked from one crash, even if it was realistic.

It's like what rockstar said on filling cars up at petrol station, how far do you want to go realism-wise before you lose the fun factor?

That's the thing though, I find the heavier handling model to be more "fun". I like to feel like I'm in control. It's why I find the Assassin's Creed games so unbearably dull - hold forward, R2 and X, complete game.

I want pixel perfect platforming, and I want pixel perfect driving, otherwise I may as well watch a film.

Have you any other info on reverting the handling back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Both shots from video so not 100% clear but still great looking.

The 747's look like there are real and in the second pic the city is an amazing distance away, he's at a great height to!

gta5airport_zpsa02af020.jpg

Untitled_zps6d8fc176.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

30 min gameplay

That's the thing though, I find the heavier handling model to be more "fun". I like to feel like I'm in control. It's why I find the Assassin's Creed games so unbearably dull - hold forward, R2 and X, complete game.

I want pixel perfect platforming, and I want pixel perfect driving, otherwise I may as well watch a film.

I know what you mean, I loved the handling in IV once I got used to it, but it did take a long time. The thing I disliked the most the damage taken, even though that was realistic, it made the game less enjoyable for me, (in the beginning anyway)

Here's the cheat I found online, but I haven't tested it yet.

PS3: Triangle, R1, R1, Left, R1, L1, R2, L1
    Xbox360: Y RB RB Left RB LB RT LB

I'm guessing the handling is a lot like saints row 3, very easy, very fun..but not a lot of depth in it, nothing requiring a lot of time and patience to master.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

agreed

maybe small elements of this will be addressed in a patch but right now it looks like the uniformity of the driving will make things like cruising through different areas of flowing hills, dips and imperfections on the road fairly unrewarding

IV's driving definitely had its flaws but i was expecting them to tweak that formula, not completely throw it away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLUHA2z04e8&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah but IV had cars that spun out all the time, were like driving a shopping trolley full of bricks with a wonky back wheel and you barely touched something and the car exploded in flames. It's GTA, it's supposed to be fun it's not a driving simulator. If they made is stupidly realistic it'd take all the fun out of it.

One of the things I loved most about IV was the vehicle handling. It was a bit difficult at the start but when you mastered it enabled you to drive impeccably at high speeds.

I remember people complaining about the 'cars handling like boats'.. with all the hype about physics in games these days it's rather amusing that some (most?) want certain things to basically ignore physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

But the handling in IV is too far the other way. Most cars seem to have stupidly soft suspension and roll side to side too easily. There's also little variety. It's either handle like an overloaded shopping trolley or twitchy like a sports car. Don't get me started on the bikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Genuinely don't understand where people are saying the graphics are disappointing, I think it looks fantastic, there's a bit of pop up? so? the world itself looks absolutely stunning, I can see myself spending ages just flying over the map looking at the sun go down.

as a side note, I hate how slow youtube is these days, and defaults to 360p unless you sign in , blehh

krudler wrote: »
    yeah but IV had cars that spun out all the time, were like driving a shopping trolley full of bricks with a wonky back wheel and you barely touched something and the car exploded in flames. It's GTA, it's supposed to be fun it's not a driving simulator. If they made is stupidly realistic it'd take all the fun out of it.

But the flip of that is it looks like they've made it stupidly basic, therefore removing all the fun.

Maybe it's because I play a lot of racing games (and most of them at high difficulties), but I thought the handling in IV was pretty easy to use (once you ditched your muscle memory from the older games).

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, so apologies if it has been. Vehicles of the game. The Police cars look brilliant, great detail in them and lots of lights too compared to just a standard light bar on the LCPD cars in GTA IV.

http://imgur.com/a/30Gy2

krudler wrote: »
    as a side note, I hate how slow youtube is these days, and defaults to 360p unless you sign in , blehh

This might be of assistance to you - http://www.pcworld.com/article/2048105/force-youtube-to-buffer-your-entire-video.html

David64 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, so apologies if it has been. Vehicles of the game. The Police cars look brilliant, great detail in them and lots of lights too compared to just a standard light bar on the LCPD cars in GTA IV.

http://imgur.com/a/30Gy2

Gimme them choppers and planes :D

Gimme them choppers and planes :D

Haha, it will be great having planes once again in GTA! :D

Personally, I can't wait to try out the Emergency Services vehicles, although I haven't seen an ambulance or fire truck yet. I like the civilian cars too, can't say I'm a fan of the sports cars etc.

I sound so boring...:o

David64 wrote: »
    Haha, it will be great having planes once again in GTA! :D

Personally, I can't wait to try out the Emergency Services vehicles, although I haven't seen an ambulance or fire truck yet. I like the civilian cars too, can't say I'm a fan of the sports cars etc.

I sound so boring...:o

That link above showed a huge number of vehicles........civilian, military, emergency services, lots of planes all the way down to a ride on lawn mower :pac:

That link above showed a huge number of vehicles........civilian, military, emergency services, lots of planes all the way down to a ride on lawn mower :pac:

Haha, I've been looking through all of those photos there for the past 20 minutes or so!

I'm yet to see an emergency services vehicle other than a Police car though...:(

does the combine/body harvester return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

But the handling in IV is too far the other way. Most cars seem to have stupidly soft suspension and roll side to side too easily. There's also little variety. It's either handle like an overloaded shopping trolley or twitchy like a sports car. Don't get me started on the bikes!

I don't understand the variety bit, each car was unique. You couldn't expect to turn a Huntley like a Comet, and the muscle cars slid much easier.

Advertisement