Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing non-stick coating from saucepan

Options
  • 23-08-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I think I read about someone removing the non stick coating from pans. Was that on here and if so how do I do it?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

thats something i've always wondered, how do they get the non-stick coating to stick to the pan???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I never use non-stick. The coating is toxic and once it starts coming away its leeching into your food. I would be very careful about removing it for this reason.

I use enamel coated cast iron (le creuset or similar) and well seasoned cast iron for pots and pans, and adonised metal for baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I never use non-stick. The coating is toxic and once it starts coming away its leeching into your food. I would be very careful about removing it for this reason.

I use enamel coated cast iron (le creuset or similar) and well seasoned cast iron for pots and pans, and adonised metal for baking.

I have some enamel coated frying pans and pots but my saucepans are tefal. I only use them occasionally but can't afford to replace them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I have some enamel coated frying pans and pots but my saucepans are tefal. I only use them occasionally but can't afford to replace them

Have you tried second hand? Keep an eye on eBay and in second hand shops- I got a full set of le creuset pots from size 14-22 in (discontinued) vintage yellow for less than the cost of one pot new. I was looking for ages though. Also be careful if they have to be posted- they are heavy!

Advertisement