Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backup android firmware and flash on new device

• 23-08-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I want to take the firmware (With apps and included data)on one of my android sticks and put the exact replica on another device.
    Is this possible at all?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

If the device is the same then yes, otherwise use titanium to backup apps and data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Dazza wrote: »
    Hey
    I want to take the firmware (With apps and included data)on one of my android sticks and put the exact replica on another device.
    Is this possible at all?
    Thanks

Do you have a custom recovery on the device you want to replicate?? ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP

If you have, you could try a Nandroid backup, which will make an exact copy of your stick...is it an Android mini TV stick??

Then you could try installing/flashing this through the custom recovery on the second device....

not sure if all your partitions will be backed up, depends on what option you choose, and if these backed up partitions will transfer properly to your second device....

partitions include boot/cache/data/recovery/system/ and possibly some more.....

it would be an interesting experiment, but you should be prepared to possibly end up with a mini brick!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Chet T16 wrote: »
    If the device is the same then yes, otherwise use titanium to backup apps and data
    Yes the devices are the exact same . Android mini pc. How would you go about doing this?
    Do you have a custom recovery on the device you want to replicate?? ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP

If you have, you could try a Nandroid backup, which will make an exact copy of your stick...is it an Android mini TV stick??

Then you could try installing/flashing this through the custom recovery on the second device....

not sure if all your partitions will be backed up, depends on what option you choose, and if these backed up partitions will transfer properly to your second device....

partitions include boot/cache/data/recovery/system/ and possibly some more.....

it would be an interesting experiment, but you should be prepared to possibly end up with a mini brick!!!!
    Yes its an Android Mini TV Stick.
    I might try this later today. Is installing the custom recover on the devices time consuming?
    What im trying to do here is cut down on time it takes me to install the custom software on each of these devices.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Dazza wrote: »
    Yes the devices are the exact same . Android mini pc. How would you go about doing this?

Yes its an Android Mini TV Stick.
    I might try this later today. Is installing the custom recover on the devices time consuming?
    What im trying to do here is cut down on time it takes me to install the custom software on each of these devices.
    Thanks

I would go to

http://www.freaktab.com/

It has the most up to date info for minis.....including Roms and recoveries.....

I would not know if there is in fact a custom recovery for your particular mini.....it usually entails flashing custom ROM too, and that us done initially by flashing using the flashing tool, which is like using the tool for Chinese tablets..... a bit persnickety....

Check out that suteo, more there than here!!

Advertisement