Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error when trying to get 30 day live trial

• 24-08-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Bought a 360 off my friend, and went to set up a Live account on it earlier. After finally getting through the process of setting up a live account, I was offered pricing plans, which I skipped out of as I don't really have the money to get it at the minute. I was offered a 30 day free trial, and filled out all my information (correctly!), when I submitted this, I got an error message along the lines of "This cannot be completed at the current time, please try later".

I no longer have any option to get this 30 day free trial, and my information did go through, because my account information is listed on my XBox profile.

Is there any way for me to get this trial now? Bit disappointed that I'm missing out on it due to some hiccup on Microsoft's end.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

In a word. No.

The trial has to be taken on account creation and is not available after this time. It is worth noting that there are only 3 trials available per console ao it may be worth checking with your friend to see if he has used the 3 already. Also you have to have a credit card on the account to get the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks for the response! That's unfortunate, would have been nice to get 30 days for free, and a shame that some minor problem caused it to happen. I'll see if I can't scrounge a 48 hour code off someone, be nice to try it out properly before I commit to buying it.

Advertisement