Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bringing food home from America

Options
  • 24-08-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Right so I'm heading to America later this year and I was just wondering an I allowed to bring American food (Read: sweets, pop tarts etc) on the way back home to Ireland? I mean not out of airport duty free (ripoff!!), just out of normal grocery stores!!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

I've done it many times and never had a problem. As long as it isn't fruit/veg, dairy or meat I don't think there's an issue. There are restrictions on the volume of alcohol you are supposed to carry back but none that I'm aware of with regards to food. There's some more information here, nothing to suggest you can't carry foodstuffs - customs regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

I've done it many times and never had a problem. As long as it isn't fruit/veg, dairy or meat I don't think there's an issue. There are restrictions on the volume of alcohol you are supposed to carry back but none that I'm aware of with regards to food. There's some more information here, nothing to suggest you can't carry foodstuffs - customs regulations.

Thanks a million, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Absolutely no problem. Have done it many times. I love bringing back steak seasoning and the like. I put it in my checked in bags rather than hand luggage to avoid strange looks from security:)

Advertisement