Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat following me

• 24-08-2013 3:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭

So here's the deal,

I was walking home tonight after a night out and this little tabby cat started to follow me. I've walked a few kilometers at this point and the cat won't give up. It is very docile, reacts favourably to being touched, and is constantly meowing. I can't bring the cat inside as it is parent's house and they'll lose the plot. I may be able to adopt the cat, but I would need to consult hem first.

So my question is, what will I do tonight? Do I just leave the cat outside? Should I feed it? I would genuinely feel bad to leave it outside. Any advice welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'd keep him safe until the morning and then take him back to where I first met him and see if the locals know him.

Some pet owner could be up the walls wondering if he's dead in a ditch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Thanks for the reply. The cat has no collar, so it may be stray. Its in great conditions however. I will put it in my back garden, and if he's still around tomorrow, i will either bring it back to the area i found it or bring it to the vet to see if its chipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. The cat has no collar, so it may be stray. Its in great conditions however. I will put it in my back garden, and if he's still around tomorrow, i will either bring it back to the area i found it or bring it to the vet to see if its chipped

Even better if you have a shed or utility room for a few hours so he can't wander off.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Don't really have anywhere safe to put him :( I fed him, put him in the back,and left him a bowl of water for the night. With any luck, he'll be there in the morning and I'll see if I can track down his owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Take him to bed with you, leave bedroom window open so he can jump out. But he may not be house trained so that might not work.

• Advertisement

Woke up this morning to the sound of my parents running around the house after the cat! He stayed in the back garden all night. We put him in the car and drove back to where I found him originally. We let him out and observed what he did. After a few seconds of meowing and purring he took off into someones side passage. He's in his area now so I can only hope he finds his house. Thanks for all the tips posted.

Advertisement