Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyway to find out what VDSL cabinet im connected to?

• 24-08-2013 7:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

ive a feeling im connected to a cabinet thats a extra 400 meters away from me as my line stats do not match even close to the distance of my local cab

Line Rate (Down / Up) 50174 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 10.5 dB / 9.9 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.2 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.4 dBm / 1.5 dBm

my line attenuation of 14.2dB indicates im 1028M away from my closest cabinet, when in fact my closest one is 600M away from me (thats taking the longest footpath route to my closest cab DBC1_046A)so my line attenuation should be more in the 8.1-8.3dB range

funny enough my second closest cabinet around 1k away according to google maps! and i know for a fact that all eircom lines from the two estates in my area pass right by my closest cab and travel 400m up to the the cab thats 1k away, and i know this is fact as there is one way into and out of the estate and all services follow that route

the cab at 600M has a older cab (about 8 years old) and a new VDSL one, its at this point that all cables rnter into the two estates in my area and also back up the road towards the one at 1k, what used to have to old cab's but the oldest of the two was removed and replaced with a VDSL one

anyone shine some light on this?

Advertisement