Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Someone Help please Router Problem

Options
  • 24-08-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right i've a Three Wireless Modem, Have a Wifi extender going to the office where i have my router e2000 in which i'm trying to connect from extender to router via cat cable. (now i had this working with dd wrt but was having problem blocking programs etc) Now i cannot get a connection on my e2000 with auto dhcp i'm getting the 127 ip address. Anyone share some light before i kill it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

So I take it you have a set up like this

3MiFi <Wirwless> Wireless Extender <Ethernet> e2000 <?> computer.

And previously it was all working but the only thing that was different was the 3 device?

I have a similar type setup and one odd thing I have found is that I have to switch the wireless extender on and off whenever I change the downstream device I connect to it. Difference might be my wireless extender is in fact a Wireless AP set up as a wireless client and then cabled directly to my computer or router, if I change from computer to router I have to reboot the "wireless extender".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

So I take it you have a set up like this

3MiFi <Wirwless> Wireless Extender <Ethernet> e2000 <?> computer.

And previously it was all working but the only thing that was different was the 3 device?

Actually have a Router with Lan Ports with Three however its on other side of house due to signal. was previous working with the DD WRT Fw just plugged in and worked now with the e2000 fw nothing.

You are connecting the wired side of the Wireless Extender to the WAN side of the e2000?

DHCP will probably be working on 2 systems the 3 device and your router the IP ranges must be different the e2000 and the MiFi will probably both be 192.168.1.x and one will need changing to say 192.168.2.x

So 3 device hands out IP address to you router (passes through wireless extender) and your router hands your computers an IP address, thats normal but the IP addresses handed out by each device have to be different or the routers won't know where to route the data.

Advertisement