Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLINK DR-635

Options
  • 24-08-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Quick question someone might be able to answer, I have my DLINK router setup as a DNS-Relay, will this disable the wireless on it as I have the wireless setup and the wireless light is on the front of the router but no device can find the wireless network!?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ziycon wrote: »
    Quick question someone might be able to answer, I have my DLINK router setup as a DNS-Relay, will this disable the wireless on it as I have the wireless setup and the wireless light is on the front of the router but no device can find the wireless network!?

DNS Relay means in this case that all your machines send their DNS queries to the relay, The relay sends the queries to the DNS server of the provider or whatever is set in the router's WAN settings so I don't see why it would disable the wireless on it. Even if there was a DNS issue you should be able to find the wireless network and connect to it.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but have you tried using a different device to see if it is the WLAN card?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Also, have you set the SSID to be visible in the router?
    From the manual:

http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DIR/DIR 635/Manual/DIR_635_Manual_EN_UK.pdf

Select Invisible if you do not want the SSID of your wireless network to be broadcasted by the DIR-635. If Invisible is selected,
    the SSID of the DIR-635 will not be seen by Site Survey utilities so your wireless clients will have to know the SSID of your
    DIR-635 in order to connect to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Mr. G wrote: »
    Also, have you set the SSID to be visible in the router?
    Thanks for that, the SSID is visible, and i've tried on two different device to try pick it up, a bit stumped.

Advertisement