Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the midges move to a different part of the garden?

• 24-08-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We moved to a new house in April. We have a good sized back garden and want to put a swing set up for our son.

The ideal location for it seems to be a haven for midges, though. I know very little about gardening as never really had a well established garden before. The swing location is just in front of a large evergreen tree (in next door's garden) and what at the moment is basically a ditch all along the back of the garden. This is the corner of the garden where the midges seem to have been thriving all Summer. The house is in a mature urban area, backing onto an overgrown lane.

I suppose my question is if we put the swings there, will the midges get bored and go somewhere else? Or is that the permanent midges spot in our garden and it'll be swing and get bitten or don't swing at all?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The midges will be delighted if you put up the swing there. It will be like you are laying on a buffet for them every time your son goes out. They like that patch because it offers them shelter and water (from the ditch I imagine). They are certainly not going to abandon it because of one small child showing up occasionally.

Advertisement