Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Family house in Carlow

Options
  • 24-08-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im looking for a 3bed family home to move in to asap in Carlow town or greig, i don't have deposit until 1st of Sept but my current landlord is threatening and intimidating me so bad my family and need to be out by Monday. I've 3 small children under the age of 4 so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can't really see anyone allowing you to move in without first paying a deposit and months rent up front.

How is the current landlord threatening you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 georji

He is trying to say i owe 180 euro for an electricity bill from before i moved in and he agreed t the rent to be 680 a month to be paid weekly then the day we moved in he told us he wants700 a month and a month in advance, so we were month behind straight away. I've got 400 euro on Friday and another 400 on the Tuesday as a deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Presumably you took a meter reading when you moved in so you can prove the bill was prior to that.

What does your lease say in relation to the amount of rent a month? Paying a month in advance and a deposit would be completely normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

georji wrote: »
    He is trying to say i owe 180 euro for an electricity bill from before i moved in and he agreed t the rent to be 680 a month to be paid weekly then the day we moved in he told us he wants700 a month and a month in advance, so we were month behind straight away.

Eh are you for real ? Every rental is in advance wherever you rent so everywhere would expect a months deposit and a month in advance at the start.

I've got 400 euro on Friday and another 400 on the Tuesday as a deposit

As for the rent, you have a rental agreement / lease right ? Whatever that says your rent is is what you agreed.

I don't see how he has intimidated you from what you said. Regarding the ESB given how out of touch you are with the expectation of rent a month behind I wonder if your story re the ESB is right or if you have got the wrong expectation on that aswell.

Lets be clear nobody will rent you you without a deposit.

Advertisement