Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Supergun

Options
  • 24-08-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭

Support for console controllers.

No pad hacks, just a simple adapter cable lets you connect the following controllers to the supergun. Player 1 & Player 2 can use different controller types simultaneously.
      Sega Master System
      Sega Megadrive (3 & 6 button)
      Sega Saturn
      Sony Playstation (Digital, Dual Analog, Dual Shock 1 & 2)
      NES
      SNES
      PC-Engine
      Turbo Grafx
      Atari 2600
      Neo Geo (no adapter cable required)

Any controller with more then 3 buttons have the extra buttons routed to the game board via the 'Expansion' connector and appropriate kick harness cable. Typically 'Start' & 'Select' on the controllers are mapped to 'Coin-Up' and 'Player Start'.

Multiple audio input sources

The audio source is user selectable between "Jamma / Stereo / MVS".
    Jamma takes the amplified Mono audio converts it to line level and is routed to both Left and Right SCART outputs.
    Stereo takes amplified stereo audio from the game board via the 'Expansion' connector and converts it to line level before routing to Left and Right SCART outputs respectively.
    MVS takes the amplified stereo audio from the Jamma connector, converts to line level and sends it to the SCART Left and Right outputs.

Line-In jack overrides the audio switch 'S1' selection and passes the audio straight to the SCART outputs.

Line-Out jack lets you send the output audio to an external amp bypassing the SCART audio outputs.

Kickharness support

The 'Expansion' connector lets you connect to game boards to use Buttons 4,5,6 for Players 1 & 2. Button 4 is also mapped to the Jamma connector for MVS boards.

Other features

Easy adjustable thumb pots for RGB level adjustments
    Terminal block power input so can use Jamma PSU or ATX PSU (with adapter cable)
    Connector for Test/Service/MVS Select Up/MVS Select Down signals
    All cable pinouts available so you can make your own adapter cables

€90 for the Supergun

€99 for the Supegun + ATX power extension + controller adapter

€12 extra controller adapters

€10 kick harness cables

9582383776_f6aacd68d1_c.jpg

Boardies discount applicable :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Beautiful work, well done..... now all I need are pcb's to make buying one essential!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Bump.

Prices dropped to €80 for board only, €90 for board and cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MEGADETH2X

I would love to take this and your US Saturn off you. €90 + €50 + postage. Are you ever around Kilkenny or Wexford area. I have an Amiga 500 that I would happily part with but with the box its too big to post. Send me a PM and we can work something out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Cool, I'll weight the lot later on and get an estimate of the postage costs for you - will take the cash instead of the Amiga.

What controller cable do you want with the supergun ?

Oh the two US discs I have for the Saturn are Daytona and Virtual Cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MEGADETH2X

I'll take the saturn adaptor. If your ever around my area you can take my Amiga 500. I don't collect for it. My friend gave it to me and it's honestly just sitting there. I'll check back later for the postage costs. Thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement