Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convenience Store Net Profit %

Options
  • 24-08-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I am looking for some figure on how much is made on Convenience Store Taking :

I.e

Profits on Newspaper
    Lottery
    Deli
    And others .

Just trying to compare my figures What Sale would you expect for shop with 35K Pa Rent + Rates operating 16 Hours a day . Other fixed expenses about Electric and etc about 15K Pa . Wages not sure but probably 2 people at all times .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

topdost wrote: »
    I am looking for some figure on how much is made on Convenience Store Taking :

I.e

Profits on Newspaper 20%-25%. Suppliers will want a deposit
    Lottery 6%. They'll want a BIG deposit
    Deli 0% to 40%. Depends on the location and how good the manager is (actually that should be a minus percentage ... not a zero)
    And others . Anything from 4% to 50% in general. Some products return more than that, but don't expect to sell many of them

Just trying to compare my figures What Sale would you expect for shop with 35K Pa Rent + Rates operating 16 Hours a day . Other fixed expenses about Electric and etc about 15K Pa . Wages not sure but probably 2 people at all times .

Thanks

The "how much can I turnover" question can't be answered. I had a shop paying 45k a year rent that turned over €4 million a year, and another with 68k a year rent that turned over less than €1.5 million.

Electricity isn't a "fixed" expense, and would depend on number of fridges, type of lighting, etc.
    Cigarettes return about 9% ... and they'll want a deposit if they decide to supply you at all.
    Wages. Well, 2 people at all times * 16 hours * 7 days * whatever you pay them ... that's how it's usually worked out.

Now read these.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057015041
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056934016

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Brilliant Many Thanks , bit off track but I am looking for one , do you know any for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

No, I'm not aware of any for sale. But I heard the other day that they're closing at a rate of about 2 a week across the country, so there should be easy pickings.

Advertisement