Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruises Street PITA

• 24-08-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

The Musiims in Dublin, now our own Rosary heads in Cruises Street complete with BVM statue,, is there no escaping the religious twats?.
    Would hate to be trying to run a business in Cruises Street.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

jbkenn wrote: »
    The Musiims in Dublin, now our own Rosary heads in Cruises Street complete with BVM statue,, is there no escaping the religious twats?.

last time I went down cruises street it looked a bit like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

What does PITA mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Pain in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

BVM statue? Sorry if it is an obvious one, butnot very religious.

Thought it might be something Virgin Mary?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kess73 wrote: »
    BVM statue? Sorry if it is an obvious one, butnot very religious.

Thought it might be something Virgin Mary?

Blessed Virgin Mary maybe?

• Advertisement

Blessed Virgin Mary maybe?

That would make sense alright.

Everytime I looked at the BVW in the first post I kept thinking footy, specifically Borussia Dortmund (BVB) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I never knew that statue of your one with the tambourine was Holy Mary. She's pretty hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

What exactly are the "rosary heads" doing in Cruises Street and how are they affecting the running of businesses?

RikkFlair wrote: »
    What exactly are the "rosary heads" doing in Cruises Street and how are they affecting the running of businesses?

Am guessing that the poster means/thinks that potential shoppers will avoid the area if they are constantly met by people trying to push a service or religion onto them every time they use the street.

I know that similar complaints were made about chuggers on Cruises street, and I do know that years ago some people did indeed stop using Cruises street as they were of the opinion that every time they went there they were approached a number of times by chuggers.

Personally I will always say no thank you to any person representing any religious organisation if they approach me on the street, same as I will do with any chugger whose organisation looks for bank details etc on the street. If they continue to follow or pester me after being told no thanks in a polite manner, then I consider them to be harassing me and my response then can range from blanking them to a stronger rebuke depending on my mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noonan23

They are not a problem, Ignore them and look forward if you feel that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

What is going on with all this religious zealotry on the streets of Limerick these days? If it isn't some pro-lifers blocking off streets with obnoxious and offensive posters and huge banners, it's people ranting about God. The oriental guy trying to be the Johnny Cash of religion with his amplifier and bad karaoke is a joke.

Personally I think it looks bad on the streets of any city. We often go up to O'Connors behind BT when we're in Limerick but if I see the pro-lifers I go elsewhere. Then if you go up Cruises street you'll often encounter chuggers. It's a compact city centre and could well do without so many ars*holes accosting people on the streets.

Thats before you even factor in the beggars on the streets, hardly a positive image for the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pumpkin summer it up perfectly.

I work on Cruises St and if I didn't I'd probably never even walk down it.

If I'm out on a change run I'm stopped several times with idiotic chuggers (who was very rude to me one day when I walked past him. No buddy, I don't wanna talk to you. Even if I wasn't just outta the fcuking dentist and in lots of pain I wouldnt wanna talk to you!!), I've to worm my way around several Romanians doing hair wraps, playing violin and selling tat, all while tuning out the God Squad!

'Demonstrations' on a Saturday scare people away, random dancing with too-loud music, anti-abortion...whatever! They're in the way and people try their best to avoid them, and in turn, Cruises St.

Not to mention the scumbags that appear in the afternoon! I wouldn't work on Cruises St without security that's for sure. Not because of stockloss, but for personal safety.

Wallis is soon to be another empty unit, across from what was Evans. Vodafone unit across from mothercare was never bought. The old building society is still derelict. Heirlooms has been bought but when will it be up to scratch? And I'm sure there's another empty unit near CEX.

One thing I do really like seeing is the young people busking. It's nice to see something standing in front of an empty unit! (Although I will admit, some are far far better than others!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I find the charity crowd REALLY annoying :mad: ....they follow you and are positioned at strategic points whereby you simply cannot escape an encounter with them. :mad:

Its like every second or third day there is a new batch of charity folks wanting money....really grinds my gears Sarah.

ooh and +1 yer comments in general, especially the scumbags......:mad:

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Pumpkin summer it up perfectly.

I work on Cruises St and if I didn't I'd probably never even walk down it.

If I'm out on a change run I'm stopped several times with idiotic chuggers (who was very rude to me one day when I walked past him. No buddy, I don't wanna talk to you. Even if I wasn't just outta the fcuking dentist and in lots of pain I wouldnt wanna talk to you!!), I've to worm my way around several Romanians doing hair wraps, playing violin and selling tat, all while tuning out the God Squad!

'Demonstrations' on a Saturday scare people away, random dancing with too-loud music, anti-abortion...whatever! They're in the way and people try their best to avoid them, and in turn, Cruises St.

Not to mention the scumbags that appear in the afternoon! I wouldn't work on Cruises St without security that's for sure. Not because of stockloss, but for personal safety.

Wallis is soon to be another empty unit, across from what was Evans. Vodafone unit across from mothercare was never bought. The old building society is still derelict. Heirlooms has been bought but when will it be up to scratch? And I'm sure there's another empty unit near CEX.

One thing I do really like seeing is the young people busking. It's nice to see something standing in front of an empty unit! (Although I will admit, some are far far better than others!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

One of the lads there challenged my beliefs one day. I buried him with an intelligent debate that he could not handle. A bunch of onlooking
    school kids applauded me at the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

FutureGuy wrote: »
    One of the lads there challenged my beliefs one day. I buried him with an intelligent debate that he could not handle. A bunch of onlooking
    school kids applauded me at the end.

Any chance you'd forward the notes of that debate on to Vincent Brown? :P

Any chance you'd forward the notes of that debate on to Vincent Brown? :P

And what use would Vincent Brown's show on a Sunday night have for intelligent debate? :pac:

Advertisement