Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy Eircom Customer

Options
  • 24-08-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi guys

i ordered the efiber from eircom and still waiting for insulation 6 weeks after original date was set for it to be installed, i had an appointmet with eircom to install the new efiber in the house in which after takingthe day off work they failed to arrive for so i rang customer service and was told that there was nothing they could at that stage as the department that delt with this issue was closed for the day and that the problem had been escolated and that i would get a call back with 24hrs still waiting so i rang back a few days later and got the same responce and im still waiting on a reply so yes i rang again and was told to stay on hold while the opperator rang the department, when they came back to me they gave me the same bs and told me the same thing as i got previous and low and behold still waiting, is it that difficult to give a new appointment that they missed in the first place ????

One Unhappy Customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Why would you want to continue with your order. I'd be cancelling the install and going with another provider. If you don't want to do that at the very least I'd expect to be compensated for a loss of earnings while waiting for their engineers. They wont pay you but they should provide a couple of free months or an upgrade as a good will gesture. Customer service in this country is terrible and I'd run a mile if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jordo76

unfortunatly i cant im still under contract with them and i would drop them in an instant if i could and they are the only provider i can get that offers the package that im looking for :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jordo76 wrote: »
    Hi guys

i ordered the efiber from eircom and still waiting for insulation 6 weeks after original date was set for it to be installed, i had an appointmet with eircom to install the new efiber in the house in which after takingthe day off work they failed to arrive for so i rang customer service and was told that there was nothing they could at that stage as the department that delt with this issue was closed for the day and that the problem had been escolated and that i would get a call back with 24hrs still waiting so i rang back a few days later and got the same responce and im still waiting on a reply so yes i rang again and was told to stay on hold while the opperator rang the department, when they came back to me they gave me the same bs and told me the same thing as i got previous and low and behold still waiting, is it that difficult to give a new appointment that they missed in the first place ????

One Unhappy Customer
    Hi jordo76

I'm very sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account details please?

I'll look into what may be the issue and do my best to help.

Thanks

Al

Hi guys

One Unhappy Customer
    Hi jordo76

I'm very sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account details please?

Thanks

Al
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi guys

One Unhappy Customer
    Hi jordo76

Thanks

Al
    PM sent
    Hi jordo76

I have sent you a PM in reply

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

hi Alan

any update on this ???

hi guys

just an update from my end

inst it amazing how the min you go to cancel that you get action now have a confirmed date (again) for insulation but got nothing for the time (money) spent waiting in for the previous appointment would have tought that i might have even got a good will gesture

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hi guys

just an update from my end

inst it amazing how the min you go to cancel that you get action now have a confirmed date (again) for insulation but got nothing for the time (money) spent waiting in for the previous appointment would have tought that i might have even got a good will gesture

Dave

Hi Dave,

Can you confirm the appointment date that was given to you.

Al, is on leave if you wouldn't mind sending on your details to me.

With these issues once the service is installed up and running we can look into some measure of rebate as we know the time from the order  date to the completion date.

Mark

Advertisement