Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Venue Galway/Munster

Options
  • 24-08-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I really hope someone can help us!

My partner and I just got engaged to be married, We are really happy and excited. But have just put lots of money into a new house. We live together in Cardiff but I am from Limerick originally and would love an Irish wedding.

We have looked at tons of venues but for anything 'unique' it seems so expensive to me. We want the celebration to be a real shin-dig, an awesome party, with good food and flowing wine.

It feels like we need to pay upwards of 100 euros a head to have this anywhere unique, along with a cost to hire the space which is up to 7 K in some places!

I would much rather hire a space, venue or some kind DIY space that we can have catered and do a booze cruise. Get a great band etc. Can anyone think of anywhere unique that we could use?

The best wedding i've ever been to was a marque in a field and would be up for that type of style. Bearing in mind it will be organised remotely.

Any help would be wonderful. We are still open minded to stately homes/country houses/hotels etc so if anyone can think of anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

It's not in Munster but Kippure Estate in Wicklow is a great alternative wedding venue. Well worth checking out

Advertisement