Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally getting a Smartphone

Options
  • 24-08-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Decided to join the 21st century - bit of a technophobe.

Looking to get a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I'd mainly want this for internet access - sky sports app for when out of the house, stuff like that.

Spoke to 02, meteor and 3 earlier.

O2's 55e deal seems expensive - only 1gb of data too.

Meteor's 49e deal seems perfect - 5 gb of data, unlimited texts and calls.

3's - 33e deal has unlimited data, but is obviously 6e per montyh more.

3 also have a 40.66 package which would prob be perfect as im not a huge texter or caller. spend about 25-30e pm at present on my 'dumb phone'.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Any reason to go for an iphone over the s4?

2. I assume 5gb of data will be fine for just internet browsing? O2 said 1gb would be fine but meteor reckon 2gb minimum. I'd rather have more than have to watch my useage.

3. S4 good enough processor to stream the odd video (football match on Sky go?)

4. As i said i'm a technophobe but i assume i can use a sky sports app at anytime? I don't need to find wifi coverage? And do they use much data.

5. Any problems with meteor over 3 or vice versa. Assume both are grand?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

Im on the 40.66 a month deal with 3, switched from o2 in april and mobile broadband works fine, galaxy s3, s4 is improved phone and have tried them through my job.

The s4 is far better then the iphones IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

neilmulvey wrote: »
    Im on the 40.66 a month deal with 3, switched from o2 in april and mobile broadband works fine, galaxy s3, s4 is improved phone and have tried them through my job.

The s4 is far better then the iphones IMO.

Does your bill regularly come in over the 40.66?

Is the mobile broadband an extra cost? or do you have unlimited mobile too?

Sorry i'm bit confused as to what uses your data, and what does not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Does your bill regularly come in over the 40.66?

Is the mobile broadband an extra cost? or do you have unlimited mobile too?

Sorry i'm bit confused as to what uses your data, and what does not?

mobile broadband is data. Ive received 5 bills now and each one is 40.66. I havent gone over minutes/texts or made any calls overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Be careful with the Sky Sports app.. Sky are very particular it seems about what phones/tablets it works with. You'd want to check that out first if it's a key requirement.

Advertisement