Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roof/Building SCAM ALERT Wicklow/south Dublin/Bray

• 24-08-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭

Yesterday Friday 24th August 2013 at around 2:30 in the afternoon an old woman that was at home alone in Bray had 3 men call to her door - saying there was a problem with her roof which needed to fixed or somebody might get hurt - they offered to do the repair for 350 Euro.

They mixed a small amount of cement and applied it to the front and then asked for 1050 Euro. The woman was suspicious at this point and phoned her niece who phoned the guards who arrived and the guys then left without payment.
    The leaflet they handed the woman and the company details on their van led the elderly woman to believe they were legit.

(They were spotted again on Saturday 25th August. again today on the Greystones road heading into Bray. )

These guys have flyers and van with a golden pages logo which looks legit. There is a golden page website with the same details phone number etc as the van and flyers so I'm not sure if these guys are impersonating a legit business or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Probably better suited to the Wicklow forum as that is where they seem to be operating.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Ok I think these guys were operating in Laois, pm me the name of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 koumila

My husband grandparents got scammed today by them! They matched exactly the description and had a van..They called over to her door to see if she needed work done on her roof she asked them to give her an estimate and they went around without her agreement and started working on her roof. Later on she got slapped with an invoice of €1200. Please note that it was not a proper invoice it was merely a dirty receipt!!! They said that they are doing contract jobs for ALEX ROOFING.....

BE ALERT AS THEY ARE OPERATING IN THE NORTH CO.DUBLIN AREA.... THEY SCAMMED TWO 86 YR OLD PERSON IN DONABATE TODAY!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cool but this is the Wicklow forum maybe try the North Dublin forum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭kpbryww

Beware:- This roofing scam is in operation again in Bray area. On friday 6th feburary 2015 they called to the door of my wife's aunt saying the roof needed repair and they were working in the area. They gave her a professional looking leaflet offering roof repair, gutters cleaned and repaired.
    I have checked and the company name on the leflet, the address or phone numbers are not listed or linked to any legit business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement