Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative vDSL Modem

Options
  • 24-08-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have eFibre installed but the cheap chinese eircom modem locks up about once a week. When I had ADSL, I always purchased my own quality modem as all the ISPs supply cheap unreliable crap. Can eircom supply a list of compatible modems or else supply the required specs so that I can do my own research into alternatives? "Technical support" are useless as expected and told me to call back when it locks up again. When I do so they will tell me to do a factory reset which will of course get the modem working again but so would turning it off and on again. I will then have the same problem about a week later - rinse and repeat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ronoc75 wrote: »
    I have eFibre installed but the cheap chinese eircom modem locks up about once a week. When I had ADSL, I always purchased my own quality modem as all the ISPs supply cheap unreliable crap. Can eircom supply a list of compatible modems or else supply the required specs so that I can do my own research into alternatives? "Technical support" are useless as expected and told me to call back when it locks up again. When I do so they will tell me to do a factory reset which will of course get the modem working again but so would turning it off and on again. I will then have the same problem about a week later - rinse and repeat
    Hi ronoc75

Unfortunately we are unable to offer assistance on efibre issues from here and the best advice I can offer is to discuss this with broadband technical support (1890260260).

Thanks

Al

Advertisement