Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roasting lamb in two parts - pls help

Options
  • 24-08-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

I have two joints of lamb that I'm roasting. They aren't joined up together - one is slightly bigger than the other by about 200g.

So how do I work out the roasting time?

Do I do it based on two individual pieces using the oven at the same time, with the larger piece for longer?

Or do I cook both pieces together based on the cumulative weight?

It's a fan assisted gas oven.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd put the bigger one in half an hour before the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

So would you just time it based on the weight of the bigger portion?

Or will it take longer to cook the large part of meat because there will be something else in the oven?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd time it based on the weight of the bigger one. I don't think it will take longer because there are two in the oven - not unless they're tightly packed into a roasting tin together.

Advertisement