Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70GB/mth download - best deal ?

• 24-08-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

According to my usage chart from my b/b provider I seem to be steady at c.70 GB download / mth in a rural (non-hi-speed ) area. Who's the cheapest, or where can I get info on who is. This is what I got from bonkers.ie :eek: They say the ONE provider gives speeds of 70MB, yet the average speed in Ireland is 1.5MB, so WHO can I trust for good info :confused::confused:
    Information about Broadband in **** Overwhelmed by options for your home broadband provider? bonkers.ie provides Ireland’s number one broadband comparison service. You can quickly compare each broadband provider in ***** to find the best broadband in your area.

In total there are 1 broadband providers in *****. They include ***** , **** provide the fastest broadband in **** at a speed of 70Mb. A connection of this speed is perfect for online gaming or streaming movies from YouTube. The average broadband speed in Ireland is 1.5Mb.

The cheapest broadband in ***** is provided by ***** at a cost of €30.00 per month. The speed of this package is 70Mb, which is suitable for basic web browsing and email. Many broadband providers include wireless routers in their broadband packages. A wireless router will allow you to browse the Internet in your home without cables and is ideal if your primary computer is a laptop.

Did you know that there are up to 5 ways to get Broadband in ***** Wicklow? These are Cable TV, Satellite, 3G mobile, DSL (over your phone line) and Wireless (for example, WiMax).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

Capri wrote: »
    According to my usage chart from my b/b provider I seem to be steady at c.70 GB download / mth in a rural (non-hi-speed ) area. Who's the cheapest, or where can I get info on who is. This is what I got from bonkers.ie :eek: They say the ONE provider gives speeds of 70MB, yet the average speed in Ireland is 1.5MB, so WHO can I trust for good info :confused::confused:

I can't make heads or tails of this post. Could you post a screenshot of your usage chart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

I can't make heads or tails of this post. Could you post a screenshot of your usage chart?

Here -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

Capri wrote: »
    Here -

It says there your download cap is 30,000 MB/megabytes (30 gigabytes/GB). You exceeded your download usage by 8 gigabytes.

I don't see anything about 70GB there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Speed and bandwidth are 2 different topics. I am trying to get my head around which is yours.
    30GB = 30720MB < this is size. The amount of data you are allowed to download AND upload per month
    70Mb = 8.75MB < this is speed - how fast the data is travelling to you per second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

It says there your download cap is 30,000 MB/megabytes (30 gigabytes/GB). You exceeded your download usage by 8 gigabytes.

I don't see anything about 70GB there.

That's only up to today :rolleyes:, there's still another 7 days :(

This is my usual bill +/- €5 (and we use Tesco mobile free credit for 95% of any local calls )
    This Bill's Charges.

My Package.

eircom talktime chatter€54.30.

Broadband Home Plus€49.58.

Discounts and Promotions.

Talktime / Broadband Bundle-€18.30.

Total Discounts and Promotions-€18.30.

Total My Package€85.58..

Service and Connection Charges€4.58.

Your Calls (out of bundle)€2.13.

Other Charges€3.26..

Total excl. VAT€95.55.

Plus VAT @23.00% on €95.55 €21.97..

Total Charges this Month (incl. VAT)€117.52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

I see you are with Eircom "Advanced" 24mbps 30GB/m
    why don't you simply upgrade to "Advanced unlimited" for extra 5 EUR and remove download cap completely? Give them a call, the upgrade is free as far as I know

Advertisement