Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The instruction at 0x775ee9d7....

Options
  • 24-08-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

Windows 7 64 bit professional on a 3930k, 16gb of ram, nvidia 580.
    I'm getting the following error when opening certain programs.
    The instruction at 0x775ee9d7 referenced memory at 0x7ff504ca. The memory could not be read.
    Click on OK to terminate the program

I can not run Google Chrome, or installers for any program. The first couple of runs of internet explorer also crashed and gave this same error, but eventually started to work. No amount of tries causes chrome to launch properly. In compatibility mode chrome runs but will not browse to any webpage and after a period of time it too crashes and gives the aforementioned error.

Googling the error so far has brought me no help whatsoever.

There have been a number of other problems since this starting. I/O between drives has been drastically slowed, an example of this was playback of a large music file was stuttered whilst navigating through the same storage destination using windows explorer. I have had a graphics driver crash, hanging on logout/shutdown. Not able to install windows updates. Crashed hl2.exe when I tried to play a game (crash happened 2-3 seconds into being in an actual game, not just on the opening of the program. This seems more like a GPU problem in this respect.

I first suspected OpenGL to be the problem as both chrome and the Half-life engine could both potentially utilize it, however, both photoshop cs6's OpenGL renderer and a thirdparty OpenGL based transcoding software are fully functional and cause no errors.

I had problems with this batch of ram before. 4 sticks of the 8 are sitting idle outside the PC and I think I may have run into yet another faulty DIMM. (Only one of the 4 idle was reporting as damaged/faulty within the BIOS.)

Has anyone run into any problems similar to this, or have any idea on a fix other than reinstalling windows which I would like to be my last option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Probably worth running memtest86 on your RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

this error means, the program tries to read a location which is not there or is already occupied by another program.

as already mentioned, i second memtest86.

Advertisement