Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angelcare Pad in Moses Basket

Options
  • 24-08-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I installed the angel care pad in the moses basket earlier this week.

Does anyone have an idea where in the moses basket it should be placed as the instructions aren't really specific for moses basket. From my understand from the instructions it should go in the middle of the cot mattress and therefore I have it under the middle of the mattress

This morning I notice that there appeared to be a noticable hollow in the mattress where my sons head rests - am concerned that our son doesn't develop flat head etc - could the hollow result from the head resting after the the slight rise due to the pad under the mattress or is the mattress itself at fault - anyone have similar issues with the angelcare pad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I didnt use it until LO was in the cot and had no problems. Moses basket matress's are so thin compared to cot matress . It does kind of sound like it could be from the the mat rising the middle so the weight of the head sinking the top part.
    Sorry probably not much help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

It's best not to use the pads in the moses baskets. They are designed to work best with cot mattress which are very thick compared to the moses baskets mattress. The pads are quite hard also so won't be the most comfortable for your child either. I have the Tommee Tippee one and if I remember, it said not to use it with moses baskets. The lady in the shop had said it to me anyway as I was buying it.

Does the Anglecare pad have a cable attached to it like the Tommee Tippee one? I'd be wary about having a cable within reach of a baby. When used with a cot, the cable would be completely out of reach as it's under the mattress and comes out through the side bars, down away from the baby. With a moses basket, it would have to come up and over the side unless you put a hole in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We never used the pad in the moses basket as baby wasn't in it overnight. I'd be worried about the safety of having cables within reach of a child. We used it when baby slept in cot but eventually took the pad out because baby grabbed onto the wires a few times and set the alarm off. As we were always in the room when she slept in the basket during the day I didn't see the benefit to a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 glisten

Our first slept in the Moses basket for the first 3 months and we used the angel care pad in it with no issues. We snipped a tiny hole in the lining of the Moses basket and put the cable through so the baby had no way of grabbing the cable.

We put it in the middle of the Moses basket under the head/chest. I never noticed any dip in the mattress.

I wonder if there are thicker mattresses available? Or could you put a small folded muslin under the mattress where the head is resting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I used it in the moses basket. I put it towards the foot end of the basket, and stuck the cable through a hole in it. I wrapped it in a muslin cloth. It worked fine, no cable in the basket, baby wasn't bothered by it as far as I could see.

Not sure why the baby would get flat head unless his head is on the mat itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

I have folded a couple of pillow cases to even out to the level of the angelcare pad - I'll have to talk to the shop where we got the moses basket and its mattress as there is still a slight dip in the mattress

BTW I put a little cut into the base of the moses basket lining and the angelcare wires go out through this so there no chance of baby getting a hold of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

It might or might not work in the Moses basket. Put it in and turn it on, if it does not work properly it will start going off event though the baby is breathing, if it does not go off its working, although it might move and stop working and then go off and you will get the fright of your life. But this may well happen anyway even in a proper cot or crib.
    To be honest unless your baby has some sort of medical condition that requires a heart rate monitor I would forget about it. People think 'well better safe then sorry 'but for some people it has the opposite effect and turns them into nervous wrecks, it goes off by mistake and it’s the parents who's heart nearly stops, then on top of that it becomes a big issue to go anywhere without it so if you go away and don’t have it you start worrying.

It really is not necessary and I say this as someone who watched their first child being resuscitated by a medical team a number of times and had to use one from a medical perspective when he came home.
    I would never in a million years have used it with my second as that baby has a clean bill of health.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

Does anyone know if you buy the AC 1100 model, can you use the video monitor later on without the mat part?
    Thanks

Advertisement