Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction studies project

• 24-08-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

what is everyone planning on doing for their construction studies project next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 junior100

cossi wrote: »
    what is everyone planning on doing for their construction studies project next year.

I've given it some thought in to what i may do, what are you going doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cossi

im hoping to do the stairs but not fully sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hey there lads, I did construction studies last year and made a chess board table. My advice is to make something unique as possible and avoid making simple chairs or tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I made a replica model of the proposed new school building for my school , made from modelling card and 100% unique nobody else in the country would have had it, got a Hl c2 and I know the written let me down big time so the grade was really for the project and the practical , just do something that shows off your skills

I made a replica model of the proposed new school building for my school , made from modelling card and 100% unique nobody else in the country would have had it, got a Hl c2 and I know the written let me down big time so the grade was really for the project and the practical , just do something that shows off your skills
    Aye the written exam was a bummer and managed to get a C2 as well. Also the project you did looks interesting..

• Advertisement

if there was somebody else doing a project on the stairs in your class do you think it would be ok to do it aswell.

sorry for asking this question again, but do ye think would it be alright to do a model of a stairs even if someone else is doing it as well. the model of the stairs that I plan on doing is a good bit different than the other persons idea so would it be ok to go ahead and do it.

cossi wrote: »
    sorry for asking this question again, but do ye think would it be alright to do a model of a stairs even if someone else is doing it as well. the model of the stairs that I plan on doing is a good bit different than the other persons idea so would it be ok to go ahead and do it.
    I'm not entirely sure but make sure your portfolio is different to the other candidate's portfolio and you should be fine. However I would ask your teacher for advice as he/she should be there to advise you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

There is no prob doing the same project as long as obviously they both do it on their own and obviously your brief is your own and nothing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LC 2015

This may seem like a stupid question, but are you allowed to use your junior cert project for leaving cert construction?
    Got an A, had a nice unique project and a brilliant portfolio but the fact that it's only worth 25% for the leaving is really putting me off.

How is it fair that a project you spend months on gives you the same marks as a simple 30 minute question? :(

I only picked construction for points, but the layout of the exam is really frustrating...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

No you can't it has to be a separate distinct project. If you repeated your lc and did construction again you would have to make a brand new project again

I agree how the marks are laid out are not ideal

Advertisement