Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All kinds of everything, ML's log

Options
  • 24-08-2013 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

Decided I would give this a go. If I don't get of to a good start the log could be dormant for a few weeks but hopefully this weekend will be good. Main interest is GAA (particularly hurling) but that is all but done. Will be going away as well soon so won't be able to back the GAA where I'm headed. The plan would be to back mainly Basketball and Soccer from Septemeber until the end of January/February when the GAA returns.

Anyway, weekend bets:

1) Abbeyside V Dungarvan; Abbeyside 1/1
    Augsburg v Stuttgart; Stuttgart DNB 11/10
    Mayo v Tyrone; Mayo to score First Goal 8/11
    O'Loughlin Gaels v Ballyhale Shamrocks; O'Loughlin Gaels 9/4

4 Fold Accumulator €5 @ 22.61/1

2) Abbeyside 1/1
    Cardiff v Man City; Man City -1 5/4

Double €5 @ 7/2

Bank= -€10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Decided I would give this a go. If I don't get of to a good start the log could be dormant for a few weeks but hopefully this weekend will be good. Main interest is GAA (particularly hurling) but that is all but done. Will be going away as well soon so won't be able to back the GAA where I'm headed. The plan would be to back mainly Basketball and Soccer from Septemeber until the end of January/February when the GAA returns.

Anyway, weekend bets:

1) Abbeyside V Dungarvan; Abbeyside 1/1 WIN
    Augsburg v Stuttgart; Stuttgart DNB 11/10 LOSE
    Mayo v Tyrone; Mayo to score First Goal 8/11 WIN
    O'Loughlin Gaels v Ballyhale Shamrocks; O'Loughlin Gaels 9/4 LOSE

4 Fold Accumulator €5 @ 22.61/1 LOSE

2) Abbeyside 1/1 WIN
    Cardiff v Man City; Man City -1 5/4 LOSE

Double €5 @ 7/2 LOSE

Bank= -€10

Happy enough with the first bet new it was quite a longshot. Whatever about Stuttgart but O'Loughlin gaels were value at 9/4 and only went behind in the 55th minute before eventually losing by 5.

Abbeyside were my most confident bet and just about delivered. Man City bizarrely going ahead and then conceding three. Will have a look at that game when I get a chance, could be money to be made backing teams to score v City with the likes of Lescott and Joe Hart about.

Back with more during the week, hoping to maybe have some class of a bet on Club championship outrights.

Bank= -10

3) Man UTD v Chelsea: Both Teams To Score 4/7
    Sporting Braga v Belenenses; Braga -1 10/11

€10 Double @ 2/1

Bank= -20

3) Man UTD v Chelsea: Both Teams To Score 4/7 LOSE
    Sporting Braga v Belenenses; Braga -1 10/11 LOSE

€10 Double @ 2/1

Bank= -20

Oh dear. The first bet was way off. Second one lost too which is disappointing. That's the way of it I guess. Will have to proceed with caution. One thing about it is though, a lot of people will have lost money on the UTD match. I would say that result was a big win for the bookies.

Norwich v Bury; Norwich win 3/10
    Freiburg v Bayern Munchen; Bayern win-to-nil 1/1

€5.45 Double @ 8/5

Bank= -25.45

Norwich v Bury; Norwich win 3/10 WIN
    Freiburg v Bayern Munchen; Bayern win-to-nil 1/1 LOSE

€5.45 Double @ 8/5 LOSE

Bank= -25.45

Ouch. Bayern drawing 1-1 with a 86th minute equalizer from Freiburg. Norwich won with a bizarre 6 goals in the last 20 mins having been 3-0 up. First was still a good bet, may need to rethink my strategy a bit. The next bet will be the club outrights so the bank is gonna go down again before it goes up. I believe things will turn around though, early days yet :)

Bank= -25.45

• Advertisement

Like this bet so I said I'd go with it, just a single this time.

5) Celtic v Shakhter Karagandy; Celtic Race to 9 Corners 23/20

€6 single to win

Bank= -31.45

Like this bet so I said I'd go with it, just a single this time.

5) Celtic v Shakhter Karagandy; Celtic Race to 9 Corners 23/20 WIN

€6 single to win

Bank= -31.45

Off the mark finally. Returned 12.90

Bank= -18.55

Ok so here I am with the club championship outrights. This mainly for interest as I am gone in the next few days to a restricted betting area with no GAA markets :( Also have a big interest in hurling and like to think I know a thing or two about it, and am excited by the test of putting my money where my mouth is in that respect.

First off, I can't see past Drom/Inch in Tipp. I liked them for it earlier in the year as Thurles are notoriously inconsistent and having hammered Thurles and their perceived main rivals in Loughmore just two weeks ago, I see no reason that would change now.

Kilmallock also look good to me in Limerick. Playing the weakest team left in the Limerick championship in the quarters, have seen them and was impressed and I believe they have timed it right to peak now. Also like the odds given on them for Munster (9/1 with PP), given how short they are to win Limerick and have the experience of being in Munster last year and not being far off Tipp.

So first bet is:

6)Tipperary County Championship: Drom/Inch 11/10
    Limerick County Championship: Kilmallock 7/4

€4 Double @ 4.78/1

Waterford County Championship
    Have been an avid follower of the club scene here since at least 2007. I just love it, I really do. Finding new players, seeing why the County lads are on the Senior Panel, the extra bit of physicality tolerated :P Really great.

Anyway, we'll start with De La Salle who are deserving favourites for the title. County Champions in 2008 (shoulda been 2009 as well), 2010 and 2012 they are some force. There's been a bit of an over reaction from the loss to Tallow as they were missing half their team and had nothing to play for, and also Ballygunner have gone up in people's estimation so that has all seen them go from 4/5 to 6/5. Not bad at all. Ballygunner will be a tough game for them in fairness, the only team that has beaten them in the knockout rounds since 2007. Stephen Daniels is still out, and is a big loss as he is a top, top player but they have coped really well in his absence.

Getting to Ballygunner, they are definitely hitting form at the right time. Having been abysmal at the beginning carrying on from some poor results last year, they turned a corner v Dungarvan. They were impressive enough v Passage too from what you could make of the game. They are best priced 11/2 on Paddy Power, and will be the favourites should they overcome DLS. I'd expect them to give them a good game anyway, especially as the rumours of Wayne Hutchison (not so much rumours as bizarrely word from the horses mouth :confused:) of him being out for the season were pretty quickly dispelled. Brian O'Sullivan though was their key man last Sunday and worryingly picked up an injury to his hammer, they won't win it without him.

Passage were 16/1 last week and I thought this was a serious e/w shout as they were top of group 2, and looked to be playing well with everyone bar Ladbrokes having them at 8/1. They had nothing to play for, but they were very poor v Ballygunner and I don't see them winning the County though good progress has still been made with them this year having missed out on the quarters last year. They are now 8/1 across the board and though they should overcome Ballyduff who have lost Stephen Molumphy, the fact that Eoin Kelly went off with a shoulder injury on Sunday is just another reason to oppose them.

Mount Sion topped group 2 and are a good team. They should beat Tallow and weren't a million miles of DLS last year in the county semi final. Unfortunately for them though, inter-county forward Martin O Neill did his cruciate v Kilkenny and former Minor Munster winner Ian Galgey is also out injured. Ken McGrath has retired also. They could contest a county final if they get the right draw but I really find it hard to see them winning it.

Abbeyside and Fourmilewater play in the final semi final. I have to say Im not impartial on this one so you will have to take my advice against that, but I will do my best to give you the facts only here. The last three times the sides have met FMW have prevailed but not by much, needing two late goals to run out three point winners in 2010, winning by 5 in 2011 and winning on a scoreline of 0-11 to 0-8 last year when big favourites. There is no doubt it will be a close game again, and Abbeyside will be up for it. There was talk of there hurling having improved under coach Darragh Duggan but one respected observer disagreed on the evidence of their derby clash with Dungarvan when they ran out narrow 1 point factors last Saturday. Fourmile will match their physicality, which was apparently a problem for them the last day. This is a massive test of course, but Fourmilewater have won 12/14 championship games since losing to Ballygunner in 2011 and look to be targeting the knockout stages this year. They are yet to have a fully fit team this year, and one concern would be that giving their interest in the football (going by The Nire) that could tell against them. But the panel and first team looks stronger than last year when they beat De La Salle in the group stages. Should they beat Abbeyside, provided they don't draw DLS/BG, they would be favourites in their semi (marginally so against Mount Sion, but doubt those prices would allow for Sion's injuries). Taking a small bet on them, you'll probably get a better cumulative price on DLS if you're thinking about backing them and I wouldn't discourage you from doing so as they are a top side.

Waterford County Championship: 7)Fourmilewater 5/1 e/w €1.50 (€3 total)

One more championship I like is the Kilkenny county championship. Quite competitive as well, produces some great contests. Feel that Ballyhale for all their quality are too short here. The likes of Shefflin and Reid have been struggling with injuries and look tired, Michael Fennelly also has had his injury concerns too. James Stephens, or the village as they're known, won it two years ago and won't be far away either with Tyrell and Larkin in tow.

The team I like though are Carrickshock who I felt would contest it well last year but unfortunately lost Michael Rice to that terrible injury last year. To accompany Rice they have Richie Power, his brother John, John Dalton and Tennyson. Some very fine hurlers their and they will be there or thereabouts at the end I would wager. Contested the final back in 2010 when they lost to O'Loughlin Gaels by 3 points.

Kilkenny County Championship: 8)Carrickshock 5/1 e/w €1.50 (€3 total)

Few other ones I looked at were Ballinacourty in the Waterford football who should be favourites, not outsiders (which is what I consider them to be when they're the biggest price of the three big guns). Middleton should do well in the Cork hurling, and I feel Clonlara will win the Clare County championship eventually given the players they have but not sure will it be this year as they could be a long time celebrating a Clare all-ireland win should that happen.

Gonna do this cheeky acca as well:

9)Kilmallock
    Drom/Inch
    Fourmilewater
    Carrickshock

€1 Four-fold @ 206.9/1 (:D)

4 bets total= €11

Bank= -29.55

All bets done with Boylesports (best value on all bar Drom/Inch, which can be gotten at 6/5 on Paddy Power), e/w terms= 1/3 on 1,2

Accidentally lodged one euro extra yesterday so gonna throw it on an accum today in the Europa League. Here goes nothin:

10) Rubin Kazan v Molde; Rubin Kazan 1/3
    Spartak Moscow v St Gallen; Spartak Moscow 4/9
    Stuttgart v Riejka; Stuttgart (they better atone for the weekend) 2/7
    Trabzonspor v KS Kukesi; Trabzonspor -1 8/15
    Astra Giurigiu v Maccabi Haifa; Under 2.5 goals 10/11

€1 5-Fold Accumulator @ 25/4 (6.25/1)

Bank= -30.45

Accidentally lodged one euro extra yesterday so gonna throw it on an accum today in the Europa League. Here goes nothin:

10) Rubin Kazan v Molde; Rubin Kazan 1/3 WIN
    Spartak Moscow v St Gallen; Spartak Moscow 4/9 LOSE
    Stuttgart v Riejka; Stuttgart (they better atone for the weekend) 2/7 LOSE
    Trabzonspor v KS Kukesi; Trabzonspor -1 8/15 WIN
    Astra Giurigiu v Maccabi Haifa; Under 2.5 goals 10/11 WIN

€1 5-Fold Accumulator @ 25/4 (6.25/1)

Bank= -30.45

Ah sure knew it was a hit and hope really but didn't have time to play the long game so was hoping to try and earn a tenor by the end of the night so I could withdraw it. Thankfully, St Gallen put paid to the bet early and really deserved their 4-2 away win. I would have been cracking up if I had been denied by a 90+4 minute goal by Riejka against Stuttgart for the entire bet.

One tonight:

11) Bayern v Chelsea; Chelsea double chance (+1) 23/20

€5 Single

Bank= -35.45

This game should be tight, Bayern have been struggling to break teams down. Chelsea are very well organized. The Champions league final finished 1-1 with 2 late goals so even under 1.5 first half goals or 2.5 total goals (which I looked at earlier) would be on. If it was a high scoring game I'd fancy Bayern but I think this will be low scoring and given it's a tight game and hard to call that price on covering 2/3 outcomes looks good to me.

• Advertisement

Ah sure knew it was a hit and hope really but didn't have time to play the long game so was hoping to try and earn a tenor by the end of the night so I could withdraw it. Thankfully, St Gallen put paid to the bet early and really deserved their 4-2 away win. I would have been cracking up if I had been denied by a 90+4 minute goal by Riejka against Stuttgart for the entire bet.

One tonight:

11) Bayern v Chelsea; Chelsea double chance (+1) 23/20

€5 Single

Bank= -35.45

This game should be tight, Bayern have been struggling to break teams down. Chelsea are very well organized. The Champions league final finished 1-1 with 2 late goals so even under 1.5 first half goals or 2.5 total goals (which I looked at earlier) would be on. If it was a high scoring game I'd fancy Bayern but I think this will be low scoring and given it's a tight game and hard to call that price on covering 2/3 outcomes looks good to me.

Nice :) I took this earlier today but didn't get a chance to put it up when I did unfortunately. Would be surprised if anyone is actually backing what I'm taking in this log yet though.

Bank= -24.70

So first bet is:

6)Tipperary County Championship: Drom/Inch 11/10 N/A
    Limerick County Championship: Kilmallock 7/4 LOSE

€4 Double @ 4.78/1 LOSE

Waterford County Championship: 7)Fourmilewater 5/1 e/w €1.50 (€3 total) LOSE

9)Kilmallock LOSE
    Drom/Inch
    Fourmilewater LOSE
    Carrickshock

€1 Four-fold @ 206.9/1 LOSE

Fourmilewater's worst day at the office in as far as I can remember (at least 7 or 8 years) and Kilmallock just being convincly beaten despite only 1 point in it at the end means that the only bet I have left for club champs is Carrickshock.

Really depressing, not even the money side of it just being so stark wrong about those two.

Hard luck to both teams I should say though, forgot to mention that earlier. They are no doubt feeling way worse than me, and it is an amateur sport after all.

Ok back today:

Huddersfield v Charlton; Huddersfield @ 6/5

Single €2

Real Sociedad v Shakhtar Donetsk; Real Sociedad @ 11/10

Single €1.50

Viktoria Plzen v Man City; Btts @ 4/6

Single €3

And Treble €1 @ 6.7/1

Ok back today:

Huddersfield v Charlton; Huddersfield @ 6/5 WIN

Single €2

Real Sociedad v Shakhtar Donetsk; Real Sociedad @ 11/10 LOSE

Single €1.50

Viktoria Plzen v Man City; Btts @ 4/6 LOSE

Single €3

And Treble €1 @ 6.7/1

Just the one win. Didn't see any of the games, Sociedad were very disappointing at home. Despite Shakhtar's experience I thought Sociedads impressive form last season and the convincing disposal of Lyone to get to the group stages meant they were a formidable outfit.

Huddersfield delivered thankfully, so not as big a loss but still down money overall. Will be back tomorrow of course.

Bank= -27.80

Bets made early today. Had a chance to look at things there for a while so probably sounder than yesterdays (hope so anyway). Here goes:

Chelsea v Basel; 6/5

Single €4

Barcelona v Ajax; First Half most goals @ 11/5

Single €4

Austria Vienna v Porto; Jackson Martinez anytime @ 1/1

Single €5

And a €2 treble on all three @ 13/1

Bets made early today. Had a chance to look at things there for a while so probably sounder than yesterdays (hope so anyway). Here goes:

Chelsea v Basel; 6/5 LOSE

Single €4

Barcelona v Ajax; First Half most goals @ 11/5 LOSE

Single €4

Austria Vienna v Porto; Jackson Martinez anytime @ 1/1 LOSE

Single €5

And a €2 treble on all three @ 13/1

Dear me, shocking stuff. Gonna really have a long think about this tomorrow and look at what's been happening thus far. Not getting closer to getting back to level par. Selections are poor, but strategy is definitely a major issue so need to work on that.

Still believe the situation is retrievable just need to work a bit harder on this.

Bank= -42.80

Slightly different approach today though still taking on some risk even if I think it's probably a little bit smarter than yesterday's bets.

First off:

Zulte Waregem v Wigan; Zulte @ 8/5

Single €5

Surely they have too much for Wigan who have made a horrible start to the season. Think that price is way too good not to be taken.

Also gonna go with this:

Zulte @ 8/5
    St Gallen vs Kuban Krasnodar; St Gallen @ 6/4
    Fiorentina v Pacos Ferreira; Over 1.5 Fiorentina goals @ 4/9

€2.50 Doubles (€7.50 total stake)

I am really confident in Zulte and Fiorentina, and St Gallen were impressive against Spartak Moscow who are a better team than K' Krasnodar and they're also in good form.

If St. Gallen and Fiorentina bets win but Zulte doesnt I'll still be down a few euros but overall think these bets are worth that risk. If I have a night like last night though, or even the one before with St Gallen and Zulte losing, I might have to wind up this log for a while.

Bank= -42.80

Slightly different approach today though still taking on some risk even if I think it's probably a little bit smarter than yesterday's bets.

First off:

Zulte Waregem v Wigan; Zulte @ 8/5 LOSE

Single €5

Surely they have too much for Wigan who have made a horrible start to the season. Think that price is way too good not to be taken.

Also gonna go with this:

Zulte @ 8/5
    St Gallen vs Kuban Krasnodar; St Gallen @ 6/4 WIN
    Fiorentina v Pacos Ferreira; Over 1.5 Fiorentina goals @ 4/9 WIN

€2.50 Doubles (€7.50 total stake)

I am really confident in Zulte and Fiorentina, and St Gallen were impressive against Spartak Moscow who are a better team than K' Krasnodar and they're also in good form.

If St. Gallen and Fiorentina bets win but Zulte doesnt I'll still be down a few euros but overall think these bets are worth that risk. If I have a night like last night though, or even the one before with St Gallen and Zulte losing, I might have to wind up this log for a while.

****in Zulte bastards :mad:

All I needed was 1 bloody goal and I'd have nearly broke even on the log. Rounds off one of the ****test nights out ever.

Bank= -46.27

Right that hurt but god loves a trier (apparently). I was close to bringing the deficit down to a mere 5 euro's and so I have not lost all hope yet. Could really do with some return this weekend. Away tomorrow so here are the bets for tomorrow and indeed some for Sunday too:

Bet 1)

Leeds v Burnley; Leeds @ 13/10
    Real Sociedad v Malaga; Btts @ 4/6
    Norwich v Aston Villa; Benteke anytime @ 11/8

€1 doubles (Total stake €3)

Bet 2)

Nice v Valenciennes; Nice @ 3/4 (Courtesy of Lasagna Diarra)
    Sassulo v Inter; Inter @ 3/4

€3 double @ 2/1 (roughly)

Bet 3)

Arsenal v Stoke; Mesut Ozil anytime assist (Courtesy of Fowler87) @ 9/4
    Mayo v Dublin; Over 2.5 goals @ 5/4
    PSG V Monaco; Monaco @ 10/3

1c941e3591cd0eb4f6a64cfb77c8b7fb.png

Just did this for today. Not a horse man, and don't mean to be taking them too often but I know a good tipper. Hopefully it comes good.

Think Keith Higgins is definitely a good shout.

• Advertisement

1c941e3591cd0eb4f6a64cfb77c8b7fb.png

Just did this for today. Not a horse man, and don't mean to be taking them too often but I know a good tipper. Hopefully it comes good.

Think Keith Higgins is definitely a good shout.

Why did I do this? Horses are the bane of nearly everybodies betting lives.

But at least Keith Higgins provided so marginal loss...but still a loss. I really need to cut those out.

But I think I'm plus overall on the weekend going into tonight's game with Monaco v PSG and a chance to win a good amount. Considering yesterday was 0/3 in Bet 1 I think that's something to be pretty happy with.

Right that hurt but god loves a trier (apparently). I was close to bringing the deficit down to a mere 5 euro's and so I have not lost all hope yet. Could really do with some return this weekend. Away tomorrow so here are the bets for tomorrow and indeed some for Sunday too:

Bet 1)

Leeds v Burnley; Leeds @ 13/10 LOSE
    Real Sociedad v Malaga; Btts @ 4/6 LOSE
    Norwich v Aston Villa; Benteke anytime @ 11/8 LOSE

Bet 2)

Nice v Valenciennes; Nice @ 3/4 (Courtesy of Lasagna Diarra) WIN
    Sassulo v Inter; Inter @ 3/4 WIN

€3 double @ 2/1 (roughly)

Bet 3)

Arsenal v Stoke; Mesut Ozil anytime assist (Courtesy of Fowler87) @ 9/4 WIN
    Mayo v Dublin; Over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 WIN
    PSG V Monaco; Monaco @ 10/3 LOSE

Bank=-39.18

€7.09 gain on the weekend. Could have been more, happy I took Monaco in the last bet as they drew 1-1 and was open enough could have won it, 10/3 was a good price.

Was worried yesterday after all three picks tanked, but a good 5/6 today with the double never in doubt. Happy with that outcome overall, hopefully now can put a bit of consitency together rather than sink back into one win, a couple of losses that has been happening for the last while.

Brentford v Leyton Orient; Leyton Orient win and BTTS @ 5/1

Single €2.09

Bank=-41.27

Few bets in the pipeline tonight, starting with this:

1860 Munchen v Borussia Dortmund; Dortmund -1 @ 4/6

Single €4.50

If all goes to plan will put up more, think I might cut my losses otherwise.

Dortmund look to have tanked.

Tottenham v Aston Villa; Tottenham -1 11/5
    Swindon v Chelsea; Mata anytime 11/8
    Man City v Wigan; Dzeko First goalscorer 11/4

Doubles €1.65 (Total Stake €4.95)

Bank=-41.27

Few bets in the pipeline tonight, starting with this:

1860 Munchen v Borussia Dortmund; Dortmund -1 @ 4/6 LOSE

Single €4.50

If all goes to plan will put up more, think I might cut my losses otherwise.
    Dortmund look to have tanked.

Tottenham v Aston Villa; Tottenham -1 11/5 WIN
    Swindon v Chelsea; Mata anytime 11/8 LOSE
    Man City v Wigan; Dzeko First goalscorer 11/4 WIN

Doubles €1.65 (Total Stake €4.95)

Bank= -31.62

Good going after the horrible performance by Dortmund. Happy, and yet slightly disaapointed that Mata couldn't score. Would have been sweet.

That's twice in two weeks that the doubles have nearly yielded a really big return. And out of 4 times I've done that particular bet, 3 times I have made a profit so reckon it's the way to proceed.

Taking this before the price goes any lower:

Ajaccio v Lyon; Lyon @ 1/1

Single €5.35

38b5121b3c68e3436ecec6a26c1ad5d8.png

Took this Lyon ****ed me up!

Bank=-41.97

Been doing a bit of betting outside of the log, has slightly defeated the purpose of the log I guess but any bets not placed here will not be presented here, won or lost.

Taking an accumulator today based on some information I've gotten on various games. As always, it's a longshot, but hopefully it comes in.

Nenagh Eire Og (10/11) v Kildangan
    Clonlara (3/10 [best price 1/3] ) v Clarecastle
    Beagh (2/1) v Loughrea
    Carrigtwohill (6/5) v Bishopstown
    Moyle Rovers (8/13 [best price 4/6]) v JK Brackens

€3 Five-fold at 24.65/1

• Advertisement

Bank=-41.97

Been doing a bit of betting outside of the log, has slightly defeated the purpose of the log I guess but any bets not placed here will not be presented here, won or lost.

Taking an accumulator today based on some information I've gotten on various games. As always, it's a longshot, but hopefully it comes in.

Nenagh Eire Og (10/11) v Kildangan
    Clonlara (3/10 [best price 1/3] ) v Clarecastle
    Beagh (2/1) v Loughrea
    Carrigtwohill (6/5) v Bishopstown
    Moyle Rovers (8/13 [best price 4/6]) v JK Brackens

€3 Five-fold at 24.65/1

Ok immesely pissed off with that.

Taking Beagh, Carrigtwohill and UCC in 2/3 later. 1.50 (4.50 total stake).

Advertisement