Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All kinds of everything, ML's log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Bank is nearly -50 I think.

Took a few tonight, total outlay is 9.50 thus far, will screenshot everything win or lose later.

Ok so after timing here doesn't seem great but I feel seen as I did mention it before it is ok. So here we go:

d5f012b0ed33bd38f1f70e42f0339809.png

Ecstatic with that result, and now a positive bank balance at last. Perserverance paid off :)

Bank= +€26

Clonlara, Portumna Double today at 2.2/1.

€5

Bank= +21 after that loser yesterday.

Carrickshock won today, beating All-Ireland favourites Ballyhale Shamrocks in the County semi. That means I am guaranteed a return and profit on the bet I made on them earlier in the year. I imagine they will be favourites against Clara in the Final so hopefully they get the job done.

Okay, another weekend approaches and going for early value here.

Arsenal v Norwich; Olivier Giroud anytime @ 21/20
    Everton v Hull; Under 2.5 goals @ 1/1

€5.25 Double @ 31/10 (or 3.1/1)

Giroud is really big on Bet 365 right now considering Paddy Power are offering 1/2 on him anytime. Scored v Norwich last year, and has scored all 4 goals this year at home.

Have gone for unders in the Everton v Hull game despite Lukaku's great form. Eveton average a goal a game at home, and Hull average a goal a game away but all three of Hulls goals came in one match, they failed to score in the other two. They will find it hard to break Everton down and thus I expect them to adopt a defensive approach in kind.

They've not been conceding big either as they only conceded 2 against both Chelsea and City, though there was that crazy game against Newcastle. Everton again with the exception of a crazy game v Newcastle, haven't conceded much (or indeed scored much) at home. Only 1 goal scored by either side in their two other games.

Looks a good price to me.

• Advertisement

Okay, another weekend approaches and going for early value here.

Arsenal v Norwich; Olivier Giroud anytime @ 21/20 LOSE
    Everton v Hull; Under 2.5 goals @ 1/1 LOSE

€5.25 Double @ 31/10 (or 3.1/1)

Giroud is really big on Bet 365 right now considering Paddy Power are offering 1/2 on him anytime. Scored v Norwich last year, and has scored all 4 goals this year at home.

Have gone for unders in the Everton v Hull game despite Lukaku's great form. Eveton average a goal a game at home, and Hull average a goal a game away but all three of Hulls goals came in one match, they failed to score in the other two. They will find it hard to break Everton down and thus I expect them to adopt a defensive approach in kind.

They've not been conceding big either as they only conceded 2 against both Chelsea and City, though there was that crazy game against Newcastle. Everton again with the exception of a crazy game v Newcastle, haven't conceded much (or indeed scored much) at home. Only 1 goal scored by either side in their two other games.

Looks a good price to me.

Arsenal score 4....Giroud doesn't get any. 3 goals in the Everton-Hull game. Disappointing.

Bank=+15.75

Aguero anytime v West Ham 7/5
    Barca to Score in both halves 4/6

Double at 3/1 €5

Aguero anytime v West Ham 7/5 WIN
    Barca to Score in both halves 4/6 LOSE

Double at 3/1 €5

Jees I pick my nights. No bets today, just gonna sit back and hope Carrickshock provide.

Bank=+10.75

Ok couldn't resist a small one. I reckon Ballinacourty and Stradbally is really tight, have a slight favour for them but am going to take the draw.

Ballinacourty v Stradbally: Draw @ 7/1

€2 Single

Bank= +8.75

Barca
    Chelsea
    Atletico win-to-nil

€5.62 treble, potential returns €37.93

Atletico
    Arsenal v Dortmund Btts
    Porto v Zenit under 3.5

€5 Treble potential returns €13

Two trebles, matches just starting so in a rush to get these up.

Bank= +8.75

Barca
    Chelsea
    Atletico win-to-nil

€5.62 treble, potential returns €37.93

Atletico
    Arsenal v Dortmund Btts
    Porto v Zenit under 3.5

€5 Treble potential returns €13

Two trebles, matches just starting so in a rush to get these up.

Bank= +11.27

Another one of them days. Profit at least, but a Barca winner would have seen me at +€48 which would be pretty sweet. Still though, it's not bad betting I guess. Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

Tonight's bets.

5712e47d2ca8b2464f2a4598f2f5e172.png

Already down €2 on Negredo. Also City was half win, half refund so not sure what happens.

And to top it all off Van Persie isn't in the United squad. Weird start to the night.

Bank= +€27.46

Not bad at all sure.

Huddersfield v Leeds; Leeds @ 31/20

€5 single

Huddersfield v Leeds; Leeds @ 31/20 LOSE

€5 single

Will update bank later.

Barcelona v Real Madrid: Gareth Bale First Goalscorer @12/1

€2.44 Single

Will update bank later.

Barcelona v Real Madrid: Gareth Bale First Goalscorer @12/1 LOSE

€2.44 Single

He played very poorly.
    Kilkenny County Championship: 8)Carrickshock 5/1 e/w €1.50 (€3 total) PLACE

Gutted. Late goal by Clara proved decisive. €4 return at least.

Bank=+24.02

Few other ones I looked at were Ballinacourty in the Waterford football who should be favourites, not outsiders (which is what I consider them to be when they're the biggest price of the three big guns). Middleton should do well in the Cork hurling, and I feel Clonlara will win the Clare County championship eventually given the players they have but not sure will it be this year as they could be a long time celebrating a Clare all-ireland win should that happen.

Ballinacourty won the Waterford championship, 11/4 at the time of posting. Middleton are in the Cork County final this evening, 4/1 at the time of posting. And Clonlara are in the County semi finals next weekend.

Considering how poorly my intial three selections did, I am quite disappointed overall by this. Still happy enough with how this log is going overall. Learning all the time.

Atletico Madrid v Real Betis: Diego Costa wincast 1/1
    Lazio v Cagliari: Lazio over 0.5 goals 2/9

€4 Double

Saint Étienne v PSG: Edison Cavani Anytime 11/8

€2.50 Single

All the focus is on Ibra but Cavani has more league goals than him this season. Top player, hopefully he'll deliver and what might be a tough game for PSG.

Atletico Madrid v Real Betis: Diego Costa wincast 1/1 WIN
    Lazio v Cagliari: Lazio over 0.5 goals 2/9 WIN

€4 Double WIN
    Saint Étienne v PSG: Edison Cavani Anytime 11/8 WIN

€2.50 Single

All the focus is on Ibra but Cavani has more league goals than him this season. Top player, hopefully he'll deliver and what might be a tough game for PSG.

Bank= +33.24

New high :)

Very tempted to lump it all on Portumna tommorow.

Resisted that crazy urge.

Portumna v Loughrea: Portumna 1/2
    Kuban Krasnodar v Anzi Mackhala (whatever way it's spelt): Kuban 4/6

€5 double @ 6/4

Resisted that crazy urge.

Portumna v Loughrea: Portumna 1/2 WIN
    Kuban Krasnodar v Anzi Mackhala (whatever way it's spelt): Kuban 4/6 WIN

€5 double @ 6/4 WIN

Bank= +40.74

Well that was good :)

• Advertisement

So tonight the NBA returns. I'm not an avid fan of B'Ball but love betting on it.

Tonight I think the much adored Heat will find it very difficult at home v the Bulls. Coming off another successful championship campaign it stands to reason that they won't come out all guns blazing.

Everybody wants to have a shot off Heat, not least the Bulls who are potentially their main contenders or the East Conference. It was 2-2 last year without Rose, he's shown good pre season form and will be raring to go after taking extra time off to get his knee right. So here goes:

Miami Heat v Chicago Bulls; Bulls @ 17/10

€3 Single

Also a sly bet on this:

Tie HT/Bulls FT @ 40/1

€1 single

This happened the last time they met. Absolutely miniscule chance of it coming off again but fancied a really crazy long odds bet. Haven't had one in a while :D

Will try and keep stakes low for the basketball for this week at least as obviously the first game is unknown territory really.

So tonight the NBA returns. I'm not an avid fan of B'Ball but love betting on it.

Tonight I think the much adored Heat will find it very difficult at home v the Bulls. Coming off another successful championship campaign it stands to reason that they won't come out all guns blazing.

Everybody wants to have a shot off Heat, not least the Bulls who are potentially their main contenders or the East Conference. It was 2-2 last year without Rose, he's shown good pre season form and will be raring to go after taking extra time off to get his knee right. So here goes:

Miami Heat v Chicago Bulls; Bulls @ 17/10 LOSE

€3 Single

Also a sly bet on this:

Tie HT/Bulls FT @ 40/1 LOSE

€1 single

This happened the last time they met. Absolutely miniscule chance of it coming off again but fancied a really crazy long odds bet. Haven't had one in a while :D

Will try and keep stakes low for the basketball for this week at least as obviously the first game is unknown territory really.

Wow, Bulls took a hammering in the second quarter. Bad start, important what I choose next.

Bank=+36.74

Big accum for tonight, but all selections that I'm quite confident in.

Philidelphia 76ers v Miami Heat; Heat -9.5 @ 2/3
    Golden State Warriors v LA Lakers; Lakers +15.5 @ 10/19
    Cleveland Cavaliers v Brooklyn Nets; Nets @ 10/17
    Utah Jazz v Oklahoma City Thunder; Thunder @ 5/14
    Tottenham v Hull; Tottenham @ 4/11
    Vitesse v Noordwijk; Over 2.5 @ 2/9

€5.62, 6-fold @ 8/1~

All the sides are away, so none of them were taken at the line set. Reading about the 76ers, in spite of Heat playing last night I would have to think this should be a stroll for them. Lakers completely upset the odds (thought Clippers were overvalued to be honest) and though they're going to play a quality side, 16 points would be a big win.

Nets is potentially the dodgiest one, Thunder should definitely beat Utah even without Westbrook.

Tottenham struggled at the weekend but if it's a case of rotation from both sides, than Tottenham have a far stronger squad especially with Defoe's awesome form in cup competitions. The other game is courtesy of Inforfun, and I'm going one goal lower than advised in keeping with the 'playing it safe' mentality tonight.

Big accum for tonight, but all selections that I'm quite confident in.

Philidelphia 76ers v Miami Heat; Heat -9.5 @ 2/3 LOSE
    Golden State Warriors v LA Lakers; Lakers +15.5 @ 10/19 LOSE
    Cleveland Cavaliers v Brooklyn Nets; Nets @ 10/17 LOSE
    Utah Jazz v Oklahoma City Thunder; Thunder @ 5/14 WIN
    Tottenham v Hull; Tottenham @ 4/11 LOSE
    Vitesse v Noordwijk; Over 2.5 @ 2/9 WIN

€5.62, 6-fold @ 8/1~

All the sides are away, so none of them were taken at the line set. Reading about the 76ers, in spite of Heat playing last night I would have to think this should be a stroll for them. Lakers completely upset the odds (thought Clippers were overvalued to be honest) and though they're going to play a quality side, 16 points would be a big win.

Nets is potentially the dodgiest one, Thunder should definitely beat Utah even without Westbrook.

Tottenham struggled at the weekend but if it's a case of rotation from both sides, than Tottenham have a far stronger squad especially with Defoe's awesome form in cup competitions. The other game is courtesy of Inforfun, and I'm going one goal lower than advised in keeping with the 'playing it safe' mentality tonight.

Terrible.

Tonight, taking the Boylesports enhanced special:

Granada v Atletico Madrid; Atletico -1
    Roma v Chievo; Roma -1
    Athletic Bilbao v Elche; Atheltic

€5 Treble @ 15/2

Bank=+26.12

Double for tomorrow:

Middleton v Sarsfields; Middleton @ 7/4
    Ballinacourty v Dromcollogher-Broadford; Courty @ 4/6

€5 Double @ 17/5

Bank=+26.12

Double for tomorrow:

Middleton v Sarsfields; Middleton @ 7/4 WIN
    Ballinacourty v Dromcollogher-Broadford; Courty @ 4/6 WIN

€5 Double @ 17/5 WIN

Nice. Good end to the week at least!

Bank= +43.12

Ok gonna take this too:

OKC v Phoenix; Suns +12 @ 10/11
    Orlando v Brooklyn; Nets -5.5 @ 10/11
    Detroit v Boston; Celtics +9 @ 10/11

Doubles €1.50 (Total stake €4.50)

Ok gonna take this too:

OKC v Phoenix; Suns +12 @ 10/11 WIN
    Orlando v Brooklyn; Nets -5.5 @ 10/11 LOSE
    Detroit v Boston; Celtics +9 @ 10/11 LOSE

Doubles €1.50 (Total stake €4.50)

Bank=+36.42

Celtics lost by 10 denying me a 1 euro profit. Other game was a hammering for the Nets in fairness.

Really confident in Ireland tonight, so why spoil that by throwing them in doubles or trebles?

Rep of Ireland v Latvia; Ireland -1 @ 9/10 (€8)
    Ireland -2 @ 11/5 (€2)
    Robbie Keane Hat-trick @ 16/1 (€1)

All singles, obviously!

Ok couldn't resist...

Keane
    Vargas
    Ibra

Anytime treble at 19/1 (€1)

• Advertisement

Really confident in Ireland tonight, so why spoil that by throwing them in doubles or trebles?

Rep of Ireland v Latvia; Ireland -1 @ 9/10 (€8) WIN
    Ireland -2 @ 11/5 (€2) WIN
    Robbie Keane Hat-trick @ 16/1 (€1) LOSE

All singles, obviously!

Ok couldn't resist...

Keane
    Vargas
    Ibra

Anytime treble at 19/1 (€1) LOSE

Bank=+46.02

In O'Neill we trust.

Advertisement