Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

• 24-08-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

As there doesn't appear to be any enthusiasm to create one by anyone else, I give you:

Round one, 24 August 2013

Hellas Verona - AC Milan

Sampdoria - Juventus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

High hopes for Juve season, but not just in Serie A. More of this, please http://i.imgur.com/7TIIs0z.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Great start for Verona, but they're gonna need to improve because Milan weren't particularly impressive.

The likes of Juventus will rip them to pieces.

Some atmosphere though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Juve hasn't exactly the greatest track record of ripping minnows to pieces. But who knows, maybe Tevez will help solve deadlocks like that. Or not. Bring it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Samp v Juve in five minutes.

Line-ups:

Sampdoria: Da Costa; Costa, Palombo, Gastaldello; Berardi, Obiang, Krsticic, Eramo, De Silvestri; Gabbiadini, Eder.

Subs: Fiorillo, Tozzo, Castellini, Fornasier, Salamon, Mustafi, Soriano, Gentsoglou, Rodriguez, Gavazzi, Wszolek, Sansone, Pozzi.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Vucinic, Tevez.

Subs: Storari, Rubinho, Caceres, De Ceglie, Isla, Ogbonna, Peluso, Marrone, Padoin, Giovinco, Llorente, Matri, Quagliarella.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Luca Toni rolling back the years I hear, great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

wow excellent goal, Vidal's pass slices the Sampdoria defence open, it finds Pogba who unselfishly squares it to Tevez to tap into the empty net. 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What an awful red card decision there. Impressed by Samp second half though, hopefully can bring it into the second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Corholio wrote: »
    What an awful red card decision there.

Silly tackle, marginally late but definitely just a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great first day for Juve.

Samp defended well and in numbers, but Juve created the only real chance of the game. I'm glad Tevez got off the mark in the first game. Not the most convincing performance by Juve overall. I still think they need a left back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter v Genoa kicks off at 17:00, line-ups are:

Inter: Handanovic; Campagnaro, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus; Jonathan, Guarin, Cambiasso, Kuzmanovic, Nagatomo; Alvarez; Palacio

Genoa: Perin; Vrsaljko, Manfredini, Portanova, Antonelli; Kucka, Lodi, Cofie; Bertolacci, Santana; Gilardino

Would have liked to see Icardi or Belfodil start as well as Kovacic or Taider but I'd expect a couple of them to get on maybe at half time. Looking forward to it but also think it will be a close game, Inter were far from impressive against Cittadella last week despite the scoreline.

Finished 2-0 to Inter, not the most convincing performance but a deserved win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Still gets me how empty stadiums in italy are these days, so quiet in he napoli game at the moment. Reina/albiol/callejon amd higuain starting for em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice goal by hamsik there, bologna are poor.2-0 at ht

Watching Livorno v Roma myself, Inter are going to have a difficult decision to make next season when Bardi comes back, I can see Handa being sold if a good offer comes in and I would be happy enough if it means keeping Bardi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

klose wrote: »

Bologna were dreadful. They will need a huge improvement if they are not to be relegated. Sold most of their decent players. Diamante is wasted on them tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

klose wrote: »

How did Napoli line up? Be interesting to see how they adapt to Rafa's coaching style seeing how they've played 3 at the back with wingbacks for so long under Mazzari.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Moneymaker wrote: »
    How did Napoli line up? Be interesting to see how they adapt to Rafa's coaching style seeing how they've played 3 at the back with wingbacks for so long under Mazzari.

Lineup diagram here: http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2013/08/25/italy/serie-a/ssc-napoli/bologna-fc-1909/1551800/?ICID=PL_MS_07

Worth subbing to if wanting to keep an eye on Seria A, highlights of all the games are on their main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Good result last night. Bad news for Higuain though. He slipped on sharp rocks off Capri this morning and split his face open. 10 stitches and concussion. Still in the hospital as well. Hopefully it doesnt keep him out for too long.

• Advertisement

population wrote: »
    Good result last night. Bad news for Higuain though. He slipped on sharp rocks off Capri this morning and split his face open. 10 stitches and concussion. Still in the hospital as well. Hopefully it doesnt keep him out for too long.

For serious? Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Im heading to Rome on the week of the Rome Derby (wkend 22nd Sept). Score!!
    I was always a massive Zeman ("4"-3-3) fan. Sick that that he isnt the Roma coach anymore.
    Does anybody have any tips about how to go about getting tickets for the Derby? I arrive into Rome on the Friday
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Im heading to Rome on the week of the Rome Derby (wkend 22nd Sept). Score!!
    I was always a massive Zeman ("4"-3-3) fan. Sick that that he isnt the Roma coach anymore.
    Does anybody have any tips about how to go about getting tickets for the Derby? I arrive into Rome on the Friday
    Cheers

I'm sure people will know more than me but it's going to be quite difficult. I tried to go to a Milan derby a few years ago and needed to get an Italian Codice Fiscale (almost like a PPS) before I could try and buy tickets. I imagine for a Rome derby, which has far more security problems, the measures are even stricter. If you know any Italians who can help you it will make things far easier.

I'm sure there are ways to get tickets for it, but be warned that like anything in Italy, it may not be straightforward.

It won't be that easy, especially for the Curva Sud.

Arriving a few days before will give you a slim chance of picking up a ticket in one of the many tobacco shops in Rome.

Best option (I assume you want to be in the Roma ends) is to keep an eye on this website:

http://www.listicket.it/?lang=EN&S=

I have never been to the Stadio Olimpico, but I would recommend for a match like this, for safety reasons to avoid the Curve altogether. That derby can get a little crazy at times. In the Stadio San Paulo for example you can go to the section called 'Distinti' which is pitchside and though you are not in the thick of it with the hardcore fans you still get a blast of the atmosphere and a great view, particularly from the stands marked 'Superiore' or upper levels. But again, google the layout of the stadium first and the cost of these tickets as they are dearer.

Anyway if this were a small game against Brescia or Livorno, getting tickets is a more relaxed affair. You can just turn up at the club shop with passport ID and they will issue tickets. But as Carlop says it can be a mare at times for bigger games as they want all manner of proof of who you are and why you are going. Though the Codice Fiscale is news to me, I am not surprised. Also as Carlop pointed out having an Italian friend who can get the tickets for you is the ideal as you just have to give him your name and he gets the ticket with your name on it and you bring ID to the match.

One last thing DO NOT try buy from touts as your name will not match the tickets and though usually they just turn you away at the gate, I have heard that at derby games prosecutions have taken place if detalis are passed on to police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I have never been to the Stadio Olimpico, but I would recommend for a match like this, for safety reasons to avoid the Curve altogether. That derby can get a little crazy at times. In the Stadio San Paulo for example you can go to the section called 'Distinti' which is pitchside and though you are not in the thick of it with the hardcore fans you still get a blast of the atmosphere and a great view, particularly from the stands marked 'Superiore' or upper levels. But again, google the layout of the stadium first and the cost of these tickets as they are dearer.

Anyway if this were a small game against Brescia or Livorno, getting tickets is a more relaxed affair. You can just turn up at the club shop with passport ID and they will issue tickets. But as Carlop says it can be a mare at times for bigger games as they want all manner of proof of who you are and why you are going. Though the Codice Fiscale is news to me, I am not surprised. Also as Carlop pointed out having an Italian friend who can get the tickets for you is the ideal as you just have to give him your name and he gets the ticket with your name on it and you bring ID to the match.

One last thing DO NOT try buy from touts as your name will not match the tickets and though usually they just turn you away at the gate, I have heard that at derby games prosecutions have taken place if detalis are passed on to police.

The most ridiculous part of the Codice Fiscale episode was that me and my friends actually got them done, despite the fact that I already had one that I had forgotten and my friends quite obviously just invented an address on the spot! By the time we had it sorted though the cheapest match tickets were 250 euro, so we didn't bother.

To be fair, the Curva will be sold out fast anyway, better to look for one of the Distinti Stands.

Still a great atmosphere without the risks of the Curva.

Last time I had my passport ready to check and they didn't even bother, but I wouldn't take the risk.

Yeah, I'd echo this after attending the Derby della Capitale back in 2007. One of the most insane experiences I've had a football match, damn good game though. Was in with the Roma fans and Roma won 3-2 :)

Just on Brescia. Speaking as someone who has been there a few times, if you're going for the football, all well and good. But if your going for a good time pre + post-game, look elsewhere. Bit of a dull place to put it lightly, better off heading west to Milan or east to the Lake Garda area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Worth subbing to if wanting to keep an eye on Seria A, highlights of all the games are on their main page.

Thanks.

Know if there's any channel on tv with a highlights show?

Anyone? I thought Setanta Ireland would have some sort of highlights show since they're showing a couple of full games each weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Renn wrote: »
    Anyone? I thought Setanta Ireland would have some sort of highlights show since they're showing a couple of full games each weekend.

I'm pretty sure BT Sport have something but I couldn't tell you exactly when it's on.

Can't get BT Sport on UPC though afaik :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Renn wrote: »
    Can't get BT Sport on UPC though afaik :/

I don't honestly know then pal. That YouTube channel will be your best bet or you could Google something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Boateng is going to Schalke
    Milan will surely replace him with Honda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

MD1990 wrote: »
    Boateng is going to Schalke
    Milan will surely replace him with Honda

Nah we got Matri instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

GTR63 wrote: »
    Nah we got Matri instead
    I'd categorise Matri as a pretty boy, a luxury, a guy who can do it on his day, but who most of the time doesn't seem bothered.

On a separate note, has anybody read about the goings on with Higuain at Napoli this week? Cut his head whilst diving from rocks off Capri. De Laurentiis claims the hospital that admitted Higuain didn't take necessary precautions when treating him, and now wants €100m compensation for putting the life of his prized asset at stake :D Clearly a publicity stunt - as they always are with De Lauretiis - but you really couldn't make this stuff up!

grenache wrote: »
    I'd categorise Matri as a pretty boy, a luxury, a guy who can do it on his day, but who most of the time doesn't seem bothered.

I'd say that's completely unfair on Matri. He's not the most gifted or technical player ever, but he is a fighter and doesn't give up.

After two years of watching him for Juve, his first touch and his passing really annoy me. Every time he gets the ball with his back to goal, I feel like he's going to lose it. He reminds me of Iaquinta in this way.

However, he's the only striker Juve have had for the last two years who is constantly moving and looking to get in behind the defence. Vucinic, Quagliarella and Giovinco can be too static when they don't have the ball.

Great match with Chievo and Napoli, Nap 4-2 up.

Hamsik the best player on the pitch by a mile. They look pretty dodgy at the back but so so dangerous when they attack. Higuain could have had 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hernanes is playing very well for Lazio
    very good player who should be playing for a Champions League team

• Advertisement

Since Klose scored for Lazio, Juve have been damn impressive. Great goal there from Vuicinic to add to Vidal's brace.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hernanes is playing very well for Lazio
    very good player who should be playing for a Champions League team

One of the great mysteries in recent years is how he's still at Lazio.

One of the great mysteries in recent years is how he's still at Lazio.

And then he gets a Red. I like him at Lazio everything goes through him. If he played for a PSG or Milan(back in his Sao Paulo days he was linked constantly) he'd be probablly used as just another cog in the wheel.

Would Milan fans on here be happy to have Kaka back?

Flash backs of when Shevy went back on loan!

Tevez is going to be some signing for Juve!!

What a goal!

Would Milan fans on here be happy to have Kaka back?

Flash backs of when Shevy went back on loan!
    Unless its a short term loan then no. I wouldn't pay a fee or pay him even half of what he is on at Real.
    What a goal!

Turned Cana far too easy but tookit well. Lazio badly need a centre half in sharpish.

Hernanes is just too erratic and inconsistent. When he's good he's one of the best around but he goes missing or is liable to do something stupid.

Really frustrating as he has a ton of talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tevez is a legend at Juventus already! Great start for him, long may it continue

Him and Vucinic seemed to have formed a good understanding already. He's given Juve some punch they didn't have last season and Vidal has carried on where he left off. Lichsteiner is arguably the best full back in the world today as well to boot.

Dark horses for the CL this season imo and Serie A is as good as theirs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement