Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The new stadium will be massive but won't be built for 5 years

Last I saw about that were some proposed plans but nothing concrete. Has there been anything more revealed ?
    I seemed to remember it looking a bit odd, more like a shopping mall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Last I saw about that were some proposed plans but nothing concrete. Has there been anything more revealed ?
    I seemed to remember it looking a bit odd, more like a shopping mall :)

new-milan-stadium_3187247b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

A shopping centre with trees on the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Maybe we should update the title of this thread?

Anyway, did anyone else just see the free kick Parma scored against Napoli? Great hit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Naples are really poor. They really need to get rid of Rafa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Headshot wrote: »
    Naples are really poor. They really need to get rid of Rafa

They weren't exactly winning titles before he came.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They weren't exactly winning titles before he came.

And they wont be winning any more with him there.

They should be doing alot better with the squad they have. Tonight was your typical dire performance. Its gone to this stage now that the players dont look bothered and the fans are booing. Somthing has to give and that is a new manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They should be doing alot better with the squad they have. Tonight was your typical dire performance. Its gone to this stage now that the players dont look bothered and the fans are booing. Somthing has to give and that is a new manager

I don't watch Italian football so can't really comment. I thought he was well liked there myself by the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Rumours are he'll get a new deal there.

Fans are booing the owner, De Laurentiis, as they think he lacks ambition (not spending any money). De Laurentiis is looking to flog the club apparently so won't spend big.

Lots of talk of a new stadium as well or at least a major refurb of the San Paolo which will cost up to €20 million - means less money to spend on players.

Reason that they're not doing well? It's the typical Rafa problem. Decent against better sides, poor against the minnows. Napoli are a good cup team, but will be out of the title race by October as long as Rafa is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It should be a good ending to the season I think.

I don't think Napoli will get a result at Juventus, then depending on whether Lazio win or not it might go down to the final day to see who gets the third qualification spot.

If Lazio lose or draw and Napoli do get a result against Juve then it will be Napoli - Lazio to decide who gets it. If Lazio win and Napoli lost their next game then either Lazio or Roma will get that spot.

• Advertisement

holy **** what a scummy head butt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Does goal difference count if teams are level on points at the end of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Does goal difference count if teams are level on points at the end of the season?
    Yes goal difference counts. But Napoli now have bo chance of CL football. Rafa's 2 years have been poor taken Napoli backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yes goal difference counts. But Napoli now have bo chance of CL football. Rafa's 2 years have been poor taken Napoli backwards.

Rafa has been poor but the owners have no ambition for the club. He's certainly failed to take the club forward but overall the fans are quite mixed due to the owners lack of interest in investing in the team. I would say Napoli would be better off moving forward without Benitez but there is still a chance that he could stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

glued wrote: »
    Rafa has been poor but the owners have no ambition for the club. He's certainly failed to take the club forward but overall the fans are quite mixed due to the owners lack of interest in investing in the team. I would say Napoli would be better off moving forward without Benitez but there is still a chance that he could stay.
    I know there wage bill is low. But they have spent more money in the last 2 years than anybody else in Serie A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I know there wage bill is low. But they have spent more money in the last 2 years than anybody else in Serie A.

Yeah but it's been made clear that there is going to be very little investment going forward. Rafa has taken the team backward and I can see quite a few players leaving. Britos is out of contract which is a good thing for Napoli.

Goal difference only counts after head to head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Napoli play Lazio next weekend so if Roma beat Lazio tomorrow, then a Napoli win would see them overtake Lazio in third right? So it's not over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

SantryRed wrote: »
    Napoli play Lazio next weekend so if Roma beat Lazio tomorrow, then a Napoli win would see them overtake Lazio in third right? So it's not over yet.

Lazio are probably the best of the 3 on current form atleast so it's a long shot for Napoli but yes of course it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Milan just received their 13th red card this season is that near any record I wonder?
    Nice to see El Sharrawy score too :)

• Advertisement

Roma win the derby which means its Napoli vs. Lazio in a shootout for the final Champions League spot. Rafa has more lives than a litter of kittens these last few weeks

Lazio lose the coppa italia and lose to their bitter rivals a few days later, say the heads could be down for the Napoli game.

What scoreline do Napoli need at the weekend to steal third? Or does any win do it?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What scoreline do Napoli need at the weekend to steal third? Or does any win do it?

Napoli beat them 1-0 earlier in the season so any win for Napoli on Sunday will put them ahead of Lazio on head to head.

Makes that a huge game for both clubs then!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

AC Milan look like they mean real business this summer and about time too I say as Europe needs such a great club back where they belong when its been 10 years ago this week since that famous CL Final in Istanbul.

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani is in Spain at the moment for a number of reasons:

He has spoken to Atletico officials on a number of matters such as interest in Mario Mandzukic and Mario Suarez and also about the fate of returning Atletico loanee from Milan Alessio Cerci.

Number 1 and the main priority of Galliani is to speak with Carlo Ancelotti and to convince him to return to the San Siro as manager offering him with the consent of club president Silvio Berlusconi an eye watering transfer warchest of between 100-150 million euros to spend on players possibly rumoured Milan targets such as Monacos Geoffrey Kondogbia, Atleticos Mario Mandzukic and Mario Suarez, Portos Jackson Martinez and even an unlikely return for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Huge summer in prospect for Milan it seems

Huge match tonight, reckon it will be a good one.

Luca Toni at 38 looks like he's gonna be serie a top scorer for the season, awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Cmon Lazio.

• Advertisement

Miall108 wrote: »
    Huge summer in prospect for Milan it seems

If Galliani & the Berlusconi's are still around I won't get my hopes up tbh.
    Napoli vs. Lazio on BT Sports 1 now
    :cool:

Chocolate wrists.

Lovely, that's that.

Hopefully he'll destroy Madrid too

Napoli didn't deserve yet another chance to get third but Napoli being Napoli they have totally blown it.

Game on?

• Advertisement

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Game on?

Lazio down to 10 & dat atmosphere....

Game well fúcking on

wow talk about throwing it away

Great stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

All set up here

wow talk about throwing it away

Lazio will blame Rafa I guess....

• Advertisement

Napoli by far the better side!! Come on!

what stupidity

Daft.

If Napoli qualify for Europe I'm nearly backing them to win it as its like they are doing there best not to make it :pac:

OMG!!

lol

what a choker

Choking ala the world cup final.

get the **** in

Very much deserved over the season

That's that... again.