Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

grenache wrote: »
    I'd categorise Matri as a pretty boy, a luxury, a guy who can do it on his day, but who most of the time doesn't seem bothered.
    Sure he had a tough time adjusting to the Conte system, but over the last three seasons he had the best goals/minutes ratio of all of Juventus.

Under Conte he wasn't in favour and often looked frustrated when he only got the dregs of playing time to prove his worth. Definitely not a diva or particularly inconsistent player in general though.

Juve needed a player who can play with his back to goal and Matri is not that guy. He is pretty too, for sure, but that has nothing to do with anything else. Is he a good signing for Milan? Not really, other areas should be far ahead on their priority list....but as strikers go, not a bad buy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Him and Vucinic seemed to have formed a good understanding already. He's given Juve some punch they didn't have last season and Vidal has carried on where he left off. Lichsteiner is arguably the best full back in the world today as well to boot.

Dark horses for the CL this season imo and Serie A is as good as theirs.
    no where near
    he's Juventus weak link imo

MD1990 wrote: »
    no where near
    Best in the world? I don't know, definitely one of the best in the league.

Juve weak link? Definitely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

That's madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Lichtsteiner is thoroughly unlikeable but is not their weak link after the midfield he is aguably their strongest link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

no where near

Completely disagree with you. He's a fantastic player. Solid defensively and offers so much going forward. Sure he's an absolute tool but thats neither here nor there.

Marco Borriello Roma to Genoa.
    Alberto Gilardino Genoa to Juventus.
    Fabio Quagliarella Juventus to Roma.

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Gilardino to Juve :eek:.

Whose Iaquinta with nowadays? Thought he would be a bigger success then he was once he left Udinese.

Marco Borriello Roma to Genoa.
    Alberto Gilardino Genoa to Juventus.
    Fabio Quagliarella Juventus to Roma.

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Imagine the paper work on that :confused:
    Roma did well there. Don`t think Juve need Gila though, they already have Tevez, Vucinic, Llorente and Giovinco.

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    Gilardino to Juve :eek:.

Whose Iaquinta with nowadays? Thought he would be a bigger success then he was once he left Udinese.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Imagine the paper work on that :confused:
    Roma did well there. Don`t think Juve need Gila though, they already have Tevez, Vucinic, Llorente and Giovinco.

Those transfers aren't confirmed. It's just speculation for now.

Giovinco could be going to Atletico Madrid. I hope to fúck Juve sell him.

Iaquinta is unattached. His Juve contract only expired this summer, but he wasn't involved in the squad at all last season. I was never a fan. Very awkward with the ball at his feet and never really scored much.

Juve are in for Nainggolan from Cagliari. Cagliari won't sell until they get a replacement, who could be Nocerino from Milan. They could swap Astori for Nocerino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Those transfers aren't confirmed. It's just speculation for now.

Giovinco could be going to Atletico Madrid. I hope to fúck Juve sell him.

Iaquinta is unattached. His Juve contract only expired this summer, but he wasn't involved in the squad at all last season. I was never a fan. Very awkward with the ball at his feet and never really scored much.

Juve are in for Nainggolan from Cagliari. Cagliari won't sell until they get a replacement, who could be Nocerino from Milan. They could swap Astori for Nocerino.

Do you think that Iaquinta will sign for some one or that he'll retire?

Astori for Nocerino would be a good deal for Milan. Desperately need a centre back.

kksaints wrote: »
    Do you think that Iaquinta will sign for some one or that he'll retire?
    I'd say if there was any interest in him there would've been news before now. He'll probably either pop up in somewhere like the UAE or MLS or else retire. He hasn't played a single match in over a year and has played less than 10 games in the last 2 years.

Speaking of Iaquinta. There was a rumour of him being swapped for Gareth Bale a few years ago. :P

1234810_675246605836189_319071899_n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Would be a great deal for Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Il Derby d'Italia

Tonight 18:00 our time.

I predict a low scoring draw. Inter have improved since Mazzari took over, as have Juventus, but I think we will see two good defences dominate the result. I think this is Moratti's last Derby, so Inter may put a little extra in, if it is possible.

Maybe Llorente will get his opportunity to create a legend :D

• Advertisement

mitosis wrote: »
    Il Derby d'Italia

Tonight 18:00 our time.

I predict a low scoring draw. Inter have improved since Mazzari took over, as have Juventus, but I think we will see two good defences dominate the result. I think this is Moratti's last Derby, so Inter may put a little extra in, if it is possible.

Maybe Llorente will get hip opportunity to create a legend :D

It's at 5pm ! :)

It's at 5pm ! :)

Ah Gee! Arseways, I have it

In Italy, 18:00 here!

Other way around! :pac: Italy are an hour ahead

The game is at 6pm Italian time which is 5pm here! I guarantee it :D

Other way around! :pac: Italy are an hour ahead

The game is at 6pm Italian time which is 5pm here! I guarantee it :D

ye i was thinking that but BT sport coverage only starts at 17:15?

ye i was thinking that but BT sport coverage only starts at 17:15?

Strange but they mustn't be showing the first 15mins / must be showing deferred coverage!

• Advertisement

Strange but they mustn't be showing the first 15mins / must be showing deferred coverage!

The programme before it is a replay of an MLS match though?

Very strange

Poor showing on BT's part if they're not showing the game live when there's nothing of note clashing with it!

Unless I'm mistaken and the game is delayed but if you check the Paddypower website they have it down as a 5pm kick off as well and they usually have it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I don't think the game is delayed, there is no mention on inter.it or anywhere else about a delay. ESPN used to do the same thing, they were always missing the start of Serie A game to show post match stuff from the PL.

Inter line-up is: Handanovic: Campagnaro, Ranocchia, Jesus; Nagatomo, Taider, Cambiasso, Guarin, Jonathan; Alvarez; Palacio

EDIT: Juventus line-up: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Tevez, Vucinic

Waiting for the game to come on BT here, as an aside, fair play to Seattle Sounders, 55,000+ at the game there, the stadium looks great, Dempsey and former Inter player Martins playing for them too

Midweek games. Really looking forward to the Inter Fiorentina game on Thursday,

Bologna-AC Milan
    Chievo-Juventus
    Lazio-Catania
    Livorno-Cagliari
    Napoli-Sassuolo
    Parma-Atalanta
    Sampdoria-Roma
    Torino-Verona

Played yesterday

Udinese 1 - 0 Genoa

Tomorrow:

Inter - Fiorentina

Bologna-AC Milan
    Chievo-Juventus
    Lazio-Catania
    Livorno-Cagliari DRAW
    Napoli-Sassuolo
    Parma-Atalanta DRAW
    Sampdoria-Roma
    Torino-Verona

That would be my picks! Few tough games to call and i could certainly see Bologna and Sampdoria getting draws against Milan and Roma.

Expecting Juventus, Napoli and Torino all to win and I'd be surprised if Lazio slipped up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Draw for Napoli tonight and they looked poor tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Juve are getting good at coming back from a goal down. Milan are having a woeful start, long may it continue

Bologna-AC Milan
    Chievo-Juventus
    Lazio-Catania
    Livorno-Cagliari DRAW
    Napoli-Sassuolo
    Parma-Atalanta DRAW
    Sampdoria-Roma
    Torino-Verona

That would be my picks! Few tough games to call and i could certainly see Bologna and Sampdoria getting draws against Milan and Roma.

Expecting Juventus, Napoli and Torino all to win and I'd be surprised if Lazio slipped up again.

Wasn't any more than a goal out in any prediction, happy with myself for that after a woeful Milan game :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Very poor stuff from Napoli tonight. It's as if they looked at the inter result on Sunday and thought its an easy one tonight. Started a weaker side than in Milan last Sunday. They were way off the pace. They played with a different back four, why?! Cannavaro, Mesto, Armero and Fernandez. No Albiol or Britos. Mertens instead of Insigne and Pandev started instead of Callejon, FFS! Not quite sure what Rafa was up to tonight, but it backfired badly.

• Advertisement

Inter v Fiorentina kicks off at 19:45, live on BT Sport 2 I think. Line-ups are:

INTER: Handanovic; Campagnaro, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus; Jonathan, Guarin, Cambiasso, Taider, Nagatomo; Alvarez; Palacio.

FIORENTINA: Neto; Tomovic, Rodriguez, Savic, Pasqual; Aquilani, Ambrosini, Borja Valero; Joaquin, Mati Fernandez; Rossi.

Inter v Roma kicks off in about half an hour, should be a good game. Line-ups are:

Inter: Handanovic; Rolando, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus; Nagatomo, Guarin, Cambiasso, Taider, Pereira; Alvarez, Palacio
    Bench: Castellazzi, Carrizo, Andreolli, Samuel, Wallace, Kuzmanovic, Mudingayi, Kovacic, Belfodil, Icardi, Milito

Roma: De Sanctis; Torosidis, Benatia, Castan, Balzaretti; Pjanic, De Rossi, Strootman; Florenzi, Totti, Gervinho
    Bench: Skorupski, Lobont, Burdisso, Romagnoli, Jedvaj, Dodò, Marquinho, Taddei, Ricci, Caprari, Ljajic, Borriello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

1-0 Roma

Totti with a beauty of a strike

Wow Roma are destroying Inter 3-0 atm, and it's only halftime.

Holy crap, Inter getting it handed to them! 0-3 Roma at half time.

3-0 to Roma at half time, don't think it should have been a pen, contact was made just outside the box, also don't think the scoreline reflects the game.

Roma are the most inform team in all of europe at the moment.

They've scored 20 goals have only conceded 1 and if they win tonight it will be 7 wins in a row. Rudi Garcia has done some ****ing job with that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Garcia is some manager. Has Gervinho playing great stuff again.

cson wrote: »
    Garcia is some manager. Has Gervinho playing great stuff again.

If only they kept Lamela and brought in a no.9.
    VERY strong midfield with Strootman, De Rossi and Pjanic.

• Advertisement

Festy wrote: »
    Roma are the most inform team in all of europe at the moment.

They've scored 20 goals have only conceded 1 and if they win tonight it will be 7 wins in a row. Rudi Garcia has done some ****ing job with that team.

Be interesting to see how they do with a few injuries and suspensions as the season progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great result from Juventus again tonight, always good to beat AC Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Did roma have a big overhaul this summer or is rudi garcia that good? They made 70 odd mill of player sales didnt they?, was it mostly reinvested or what? Serious bit of form they're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

They got a few decent players in, Gervinho is doing ok and Maicon is better than I expected him to be.

But I really do think that a lot of this is down to Garcia (and Totti who seems to have found his spark again).

klose wrote: »
    Did roma have a big overhaul this summer or is rudi garcia that good? They made 70 odd mill of player sales didnt they?, was it mostly reinvested or what? Serious bit of form they're in.

Yes just over 70 Million.

They sold 3 of their big guns this summer.
    Marquinhos to PSG for over 30 million, not bad when you consider they only bought him last season for under 5 million.
    Osvaldo to Southampton for over 15 million and Lamela to Spurs for 30.

They brought in

Benatia - Udinese
    Ljajic - Fiorentina
    Gervinho - Arsenal ( Playing under his old coach from Lille )
    Maicon - Man City
    Strootman - PSV ( Brilliant Midfielder)
    De Sanctis - Napoli

Thoroughly enjoying the Milan of the moment - I like to imagine the team being led by a Leslie Nielsen character, it's so comic. After all the Berlusconi/Galliani/Allegri (what a trio) trolling and acting childish in the media towards Juve, it's good to see that the attitude is not something that is going to be encouraged for long. How many second chances has Allegri had so far?
    Also this all means that Juve can play crappy and still beat them...

• Advertisement

Festy wrote: »
    Yes just over 70 Million.

They sold 3 of their big guns this summer.
    Marquinhos to PSG for over 30 million, not bad when you consider they only bought him last season for under 5 million.
    Osvaldo to Southampton for over 15 million and Lamela to Spurs for 30.

They brought in

Benatia - Udinese
    Ljajic - Fiorentina
    Gervinho - Arsenal ( Playing under his old coach from Lille )
    Maicon - Man City
    Strootman - PSV ( Brilliant Midfielder)
    De Sanctis - Napoli

Benatia has been a fantastic signing a lot of teams dropped the ball not getting him not just in Italy either. Strootman has been excellent and Florenzi is doing great also(yeah he's not a new signing but is now a nailed on starter)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GTR63 wrote: »
    Benatia has been a fantastic signing a lot of teams dropped the ball not getting him not just in Italy either. Strootman has been excellent and Florenzi is doing great also(yeah he's not a new signing but is now a nailed on starter)

I said it when they signed him, Benatia is one of the signings of the summer, great player, they sold a promising young centre back and replaced him with a better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah generally if you want to sign cheap but quality players just look at Udinese. :pac:

Can see Muriel being shipped out next summer.

Milan are in dire straits at the moment. The international break couldn't have came at a better time.

Only way I can see us finishing third is with Allegri out, Honda and Rami in in January as a minimum and Matri and the other deadweight gone asap

• Advertisement
Advertisement